Teacher feeds puppy to Snapping turtle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
feeding rats; very smart animals fine, dogs not? eh. I really don't care as long as it was dead/not a current pet honestly, though i would probably just stick to more common animals also, that definitely doesn't look like any snapper I've seen.

Errmmmm yeah... that's an Australian Emydura.

This is American alligator snapping turtle.
images-10.jpg

Well the turtle pic was sourced from News Corp AU so its probably just a random/stock pic, like the dog... obviously not meant to be photos of the two animals in question. You guys sound surprised that the media got something wrong?? :p

Last edited:
Well the turtle pic was sourced from News Corp AU so its probably just a random/stock pic, like the dog... obviously not meant to be photos of the two animals in question. You guys sound surprised that the media got something wrong?? :p
Yeah,like how often do the media get it right???? they are a bunch of clowns who can't spell or use the right words in the right place;
For instance there was a story recently where someone was "balling" as in crying,that is actually spelt "Bawling" I know this is small stuff but if journo's can't spell how will our kids learn anything? Lot's of migrants learn to speak /read English from the newspapers

Yeah,like how often do the media get it right???? they are a bunch of clowns who can't spell or use the right words in the right place;
For instance there was a story recently where someone was "balling" as in crying,that is actually spelt "Bawling" I know this is small stuff but if journo's can't spell how will our kids learn anything? Lot's of migrants learn to speak /read English from the newspapers
What really gets to me is when the media calls venomous snakes "poisonous". Just teaching the public false information.

A follow up to the story. I'll post the text here to spare everyone from the annoying adverts. Here's the link for those interested. I'd wager that there wouldn't have been such a stink if it was a rat or chicken "screaming".

Idaho officials euthanized a snapping turtle Friday, days after a biology teacher allegedly fed a sick puppy to the animal in front of the students in his class.

The snapping turtle, which is deemed an invasive species by the Idaho Department of Agriculture, was seized amid an investigation into possible animal cruelty charges against a Preston Junior High School teacher, whom authorities have not yet identified.

The story generated outrage across the Internet, and police said they are increasing security at schools in the district because of threats linked to the alleged March 7 incident.

"It was enough of a threat that our parents thought we ought to have a bit of a presence over there," Preston Police Chief Mike Peterson said Friday.

He said two police officers and four Franklin County sheriff’s deputies were stationed at schools on Thursday that are normally patrolled by one sheriff’s deputy. The district doesn’t hold classes on Fridays, but officers may return to provide added security on Monday.

Preston parent Farahlyn Hansen said she is upset about the treatment the teacher has received, not the act of feeding the puppy to the turtle, which she called "humane." Hansen's two boys were among the three students who witnessed the act, the Preston Citizen reported.

"My kids are very upset about the way (he) is being portrayed in the news," Hansen told the Citizen. "I'm outraged at people making the comments they have about him. He's spent his whole life showing kids how to care for and feed animals."

Local animal rights activist Jill Parrish filed a police report after hearing about the incident, Salt Lake City TV station KSTU reported.

"Allowing children to watch an innocent baby puppy scream because it is being fed to an animal. That is violence. That is not OK," Parrish told KSTU.

The 2004 film Napoleon Dynamite was set in Preston, which has a population of about 5,200.

So the pup was still alive... that's messed up... that turtle would have torn it to shreds.

Had to laugh the final line of that story. Almost like the action was condoned because they filmed a movie there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back