Chubby little snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk1701

Reaction score
Jörmungandr has 2 pinkie mice last night then a quick drink and has been in a food coma ever since. He seemed very happy with the second mouse, not even a second of hesitation.

a975e8b501bf73d672b5639a56e65ab3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m surprised they’re leaving that much of a bulge, doesn’t surprise me he didn’t hesitate ;p

I’m surprised they’re leaving that much of a bulge, doesn’t surprise me he didn’t hesitate ;p

Is that a bad thing? I’ve got 2 more left which he will get next week then I was planning on upgrading him to a bigger mouse.

Is that a bad thing? I’ve got 2 more left which he will get next week then I was planning on upgrading him to a bigger mouse.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

But what I would have done is feed small then big, but I suppose it won’t hurt, you could easily feed another 2 in 3 days

If he's had a drink i would imagine that would be adding to the bulge, looking at his size i would skip fuzzie mice and go to hopper every 7-10 days (based on raticool sizes i get at my local petstore)

Its not a bad thing at all.
I generally double up on food items for 2 or 3 feeds prior to upsizing.
Cool, that was my plan since I have 2 pinkies left anyways. I had to clean up some poo today but he still has a sizeable bulge and is resting happily in his warm hide.
[doublepost=1522280916,1522280685][/doublepost]I'm noticing other peoples photos on here of their childrens and spotteds around the same age as my little one - they all seem so much bigger than him. He has grown quite a bit in the month I have had him but now I'm concerned that he's too small for his age.

Cool, that was my plan since I have 2 pinkies left anyways. I had to clean up some poo today but he still has a sizeable bulge and is resting happily in his warm hide.
[doublepost=1522280916,1522280685][/doublepost]I'm noticing other peoples photos on here of their childrens and spotteds around the same age as my little one - they all seem so much bigger than him. He has grown quite a bit in the month I have had him but now I'm concerned that he's too small for his age.
Looks fine to me.

Good looking mac!

Pinkies have next to no nutrient values, so he's not getting anything out of it, which means he wont grow

Pinkies have next to no nutrient values, so he's not getting anything out of it, which means he wont grow
Sorry mate but thats just not true, how do you think people get them up to size to eat larger food items in the first place?
Obviously you wouldn't go feeding a pinkie to an adult mac but they have enough nutritional value for a little guy like Jörmungandr to grow.
But I agree that he could upsize pretty soon.

Last edited:
]I'm noticing other peoples photos on here of their childrens and spotteds around the same age as my little one - they all seem so much bigger than him. He has grown quite a bit in the month I have had him but now I'm concerned that he's too small for his age.
As with people there is no set rule as to sizing. There are averages that you can look at but as long as it is active and healthy, size doesn't matter one bit.

They have a lower nutritional value but ample for an animal of this age/size.
How do pygmy pythons grow being fed small sections of rat tails or my BHP's being assist fed rat tails?
Captive animals are overfed and don't need the amount of nutrients we throw down them.

Sorry mate but thats just not true, how do you think people get them up to size to eat larger food items in the first place?
Obviously you wouldn't go feeding a pinkie to an adult mac but they have enough nutritional value for a little guy like Jörmungandr to grow.
But I agree that he could upsize pretty soon.
They have a lower nutritional value but ample for an animal of this age/size.
How do pygmy pythons grow being fed small sections of rat tails or my BHP's being assist fed rat tails?
Captive animals are overfed and don't need the amount of nutrients we throw down them.

should have worded it better... he wont grow at a fast rate compared to a larger size food that i guess OP is referring to asking why others seem so much bigger at same age

should have worded it better... he wont grow at a fast rate compared to a larger size food that i guess OP is referring to asking why others seem so much bigger at same age

I dont see anywhere in this thread that the OP is asking why their animal is small. If I'm missing a post somewhere then I appologise and please point me in the right direction.
The thread I think you are referring to was asking about when to upsize food.

And why does anyone want animals to grow at the speed of light? Is it better for the animal? I doubt it.
Is it better for the owner? Not at all.

I'm sure we have had this debate on here many times before.

I'm noticing other peoples photos on here of their childrens and spotteds around the same age as my little one - they all seem so much bigger than him. He has grown quite a bit in the month I have had him but now I'm concerned that he's too small for his age.

I dont see anywhere in this thread that the OP is asking why their animal is small. If I'm missing a post somewhere then I appologise and please point me in the right direction.

The thread I think you are referring to was asking about when to upsize food.

And why does anyone want animals to grow at the speed of light? Is it better for the animal? I doubt it.
Is it better for the owner? Not at all.

I'm sure we have had this debate on here many times before.
sure we had that debate, and in that debate was the exercise of stretching their jaws so they don’t get pin heads.

Have you ever seen a 'pin head' snake?
I certainly haven't and I've only been in the hobby 30 odd years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back