Question about nsw licence

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrma

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I just read, that if you have licence, you have to keep the reptiles that you own at least 6 month? Right? but I've read in some post/facebook that some people already swap or sell their reptiles less than 6 month, is this legal?

I thought you could only sell healthy animals that are established feeders or something unless the buyer knows it’s not an established feeder

I just read, that if you have licence, you have to keep the reptiles that you own at least 6 month? Right? but I've read in some post/facebook that some people already swap or sell their reptiles less than 6 month, is this legal?
We have this law in Qld execpt it is twelve months. No it is not legal but it isn't policed very well.

I thought it was six months in QLD, and just for animals that you have purchased. anything you hatch can be sold when they are established feeders. Has this changed, or have I been wrong the whole time?
[doublepost=1524001654,1524001546][/doublepost]also I heard that NT keepers don't have to wait to sell animals. but I could be wrong about that too.

I am not too sure Mick. I was always of the understanding it was twelve, but I could be wrong also. I'll go you halves and we'll settle at nine months.
You are correct that it is only for animals you have purchased. I am pretty sure the OP was asking about purchased animals though.

Yes what i mean is purchased reptiles, so what happened if ..lets say you recorded the purchase reptile today from person name,licence number,etc and than 3 month later ,the record have been changed to someone else name,licence etc.
This person get fines ? if they find out?

Btw you guys prefer register your reptile online or through manual record book?
[doublepost=1524005240,1524005159][/doublepost]The reason i asked this one, seen not only once posted on facebook, someone want to swap/sell less than 5 or 6 month

6 mths in NSW to this doesn’t include hatchlings bred by the owner though.

But it isn’t very well monitored at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 mths in NSW to this doesn’t include hatchlings bred by the owner though.

But it isn’t very well monitored at all
Your right it isn't monitored as they don't have enough staff. The guy my son bought his first stimmy from bought and sold a dozen reptiles in under a year.I did the right thing and waited 6 months to transfer the coastal I won in a ballot to my son who originally wanted it,I didn't want to risk being the 1 person audited.

Mostly it gets picked up during audits. If you must sell within the 6 months in nsw email the licensing unit asking for permission to release early and stating the reasons for it. All the ones I know of have been granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back