Stinson python advice!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaleyfriend

Reaction score
hi guys, new to this but I was hoping I could get some advice. I have a stimsons python, just over a year old. He is still on pinky mice as we had too many and didn’t want them to go to waste. Is it okay to keep feeding them to him ever 5 ish days. He’s always eager to take food, temps are all good, he has never had a problem shedding and is pretty active. I’m just concerned that I am not feeding him enough.
We only have 3 more pinkies left and then we are planning on going up to velvet/fuzzy size. He appears to be thick enough. Is that okay?

at a year old he should be on small weaner rats.

pinky mice give nothing nutrition wise to a snake.

Are you feeding him only one at a time?

Thats a very small meal for a year old snake.

It'd probably take all 3 in one meal.

Or you could give it one bigger animal and one pinkie.

Probably not worth stressing about at this point, I'd probably give it the 3 in one shot and get it over with.

Are you feeding him only one at a time?

Thats a very small meal for a year old snake.

It'd probably take all 3 in one meal.

Or you could give it one bigger animal and one pinkie.

Probably not worth stressing about at this point, I'd probably give it the 3 in one shot and get it over with.
Okay, thank you. I’ve found some really misleading info and wasn’t entirely sure if it was okay to feed more than one at a time. I know it’s a small meal, but it’s every 3-5 days just so we could get rid of them.
I fed him yesterday so should I try to feed 2 in the next feeding?

I’m not too worried as he’s perfectly healthy and all that I just feel bad.

Thank you for your advice, this is my first snake and there’s so much information that varies so I wasn’t entirely sure.

Can you please upload some pics of the snake... with it on your hand or something so we can get a reference of how big it actually is...

Here's my little stimmy, hatched December 2016. It's currently on weaner super mice.
20180210_125653.jpg

Here's what I'm feeding it once/week.
20180428_152231.jpg

We all learn from mistakes :)
Yep. At least he’s still active and growing a bit and is responsive. I think I’d be more concerned if he was super lethargic. At least I have some solid advice now. Thank you all so much, I feel a lot better know what to do now.

What’s the biggest size mouse/rat a full grown Stimson should have?

Sorry if I made you feel bad, I definitely did not mean too

We've all got to learn somewhere :)
You didn’t make me feel bad, I just felt like I could be doing better. I really appreciate your advice and how kind you’ve been about it. If I’d joined somewhere on Facebook I would have had my head bitten off by all of the keyboard warriors! again, thank you for your time and advice <3

View attachment 324163
[doublepost=1526116903,1526116869][/doublepost]I feel bad :((
Don’t feel bad. As a novice python owner, I’ve fallen into the mistake of undefeeding there’s so much conflicting info out there so it’s hard to know.
My stimmie is over 18 months and she’s on Fuzzie Rats but next buy will be hoppers.
I recently bought a 4 month old Albino Darwin and the breeder told me he was on Fuzzie rats. Maybe the fuzzies I have are Forwards because they’re massive and I’m too scared to feed them to a hatchie.
I hope your lovely Stimmie brings you as much joy as mine.

Don’t feel bad. As a novice python owner, I’ve fallen into the mistake of undefeeding there’s so much conflicting info out there so it’s hard to know.
My stimmie is over 18 months and she’s on Fuzzie Rats but next buy will be hoppers.
I recently bought a 4 month old Albino Darwin and the breeder told me he was on Fuzzie rats. Maybe the fuzzies I have are Forwards because they’re massive and I’m too scared to feed them to a hatchie.
I hope your lovely Stimmie brings you as much joy as mine.
Mine really does and I love him so much. My pets are definitely my pride and joy. Hopefully one day there will be less conflicting information. Thank you for your kind words! I really appreciate it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back