Help needed for my Snake Rack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got that too, but if I point it at bottom of the tub, the IR ray goes through the translucent plastic n hits the cord which obviously won't give the correct temp of the surface of the plastic

That's not how they work. I'm guessing the "ray" you're referring to is the laser pointer in it which is purely there to help you work out where you're aiming. The infrared radiation will be radiating from the tub material and be sensed by the gun. you can't see that.

Also, you think that the small digital thermometers would be off by 10 - 12 degrees?
Yes. They're not designed to measure surface temperature like that.

That's not how they work. I'm guessing the "ray" you're referring to is the laser pointer in it which is purely there to help you work out where you're aiming. The infrared radiation will be radiating from the tub material and be sensed by the gun. you can't see that.

Yes. They're not designed to measure surface temperature like that.
Heat gun reads 29 degrees,
That when the tub is sitting on the heat cord since almost 3 hours, the rise in the temp is very slow

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just an FYI @Joe_do the wattage is based on the length of the cord so swapping to a 100w won’t give you more heat just more cord.

But wouldn't the wood between the rows anyways prevent the heat from transfering to one another n not creating a heat up in the zone.
Also, Ive placed the heat cord to cover a lil less than one third of the tub, I reckon that much space should be a hot zone

I don't have mine routed in, I just have it taped down in place and I've got ceramic tiles over the top of it. I guess the tiles absorb and hold the heat better than your wooden shelf.

I don't have mine routed in, I just have it taped down in place and I've got ceramic tiles over the top of it. I guess the tiles absorb and hold the heat better than your wooden shelf.
Doing that now would mean changing the whole structure of the rack

What state are you in and what part of the house do you have your rack in @Joe_do? im on GC and have 2 passes 1.5-2cm apart and hot spot will get up to 37c in my rack if i dont regulate it.

What state are you in and what part of the house do you have your rack in @Joe_do? im on GC and have 2 passes 1.5-2cm apart and hot spot will get up to 37c in my rack if i dont regulate it.

Yeah my vision hatchy rack is only on 2 runs also and in a cold room and still hitting around 30+ . My arboreal rack with similar tubs and cord setup to yours is also hitting 30+ .. something must be off here ???? Is your cord running on a thermostat and possibly set to low ?? If so is your probe positioned in tub on hot spot ??(just running through a few ideas)

Mlb and the room temp at night drops around 11 to 15, sometimes lesser? Do u think coz the cord is routed more than 4 cm apart, that cld be the case ?

Yeah my vision hatchy rack is only on 2 runs also and in a cold room and still hitting around 30+ . My arboreal rack with similar tubs and cord setup to yours is also hitting 30+ .. something must be off here ???? Is your cord running on a thermostat and possibly set to low ?? If so is your probe positioned in tub on hot spot ??(just running through a few ideas)
Didn't even connect any thermostat? How far is Ur cords rows apart from each other in Ur arboreal rack, and I believe with vision racks there is no wood in between to stop the heat influx

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't even connect any thermostat? How far is Ur cords rows apart from each other in Ur arboreal rack, and I believe with vision racks there is no wood in between to stop the heat influx

Probably about 1-2 cm its a cb80 vision rack. Are your tubs flat bottomed and sitting flush on your cord? Might also just be a case of letting it run over night build up some heat . I cant see how its not getting your tubs to at least 30
[doublepost=1529925424,1529925344][/doublepost]Cord spacing might be a bit far apart

Probably about 1-2 cm its a cb80 vision rack. Are your tubs flat bottomed and sitting flush on your cord? Might also just be a case of letting it run over night build up some heat . I cant see how its not getting your tubs to at least 30
[doublepost=1529925424,1529925344][/doublepost]Cord spacing might be a bit far apart
Yeah I tried leaving overnight doesn't help, they are flat tubs sitting on the rows of heat cord flat, I'll try n route the rows to 2.5 cm apart, reducing the distance between the rows, hope it helps

Yeah I tried leaving overnight doesn't help, they are flat tubs sitting on the rows of heat cord flat, I'll try n route the rows to 2.5 cm apart, reducing the distance between the rows, hope it helps

You may have a dodgy heat cord. I would buy another one before you start re-routing it.

Yeah mate id try closer spacing thats gotta be the problem @Joe_do . If still not getting temp up i reckon you might need to heat the whole room up a bit , must be very cold in there !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back