Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burgersnchips

Reaction score
Hey guys I have an adult jungle python, I'm not certain on exactly how old he is as I'm the second owner and the first owner couldn't tell me how long he had it for. when i got him he was under weight and living in horrible conditions, (the guy couldn't even tell me if there was a heat mat in the tank) after a little tlc he came good and has been ever since. sheds have always been in one piece eats every meal happy and healthy. up until a couple of weeks ago. his last shed was bad, really bad. there were countless small peices of skin throughout the cage, and a few medium size patches still on him. so i bathed him and removed the excess skin, cleaned and double checked temps. everything was up to scratch and he seemed fine. tonight though while i was handling him i could hear a slight squeaking sound as he exhaled. hes never done it before. theres no mucus around his mouth or nose and everthing else seems fine temps are still okay, ive changed thermostats just in case the one i was using is playing up. im just looking for advice on what to do now. if i have to illl take him to the vet but moneys tight at the moment so if theres a way around it id love to know.
thanks in advanced.

just a side note. if it is something to worry about i WILL take him to the vet no matter the cost. just dont want to do it if it could be nothing.

It’s possible he has a bit of shed stuck around the nose holes, otherwise it would be very mild ri that a temp boost would fix

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry but keep an eye on it.
As mentioned its likely to be a bit of loose skin that still needs to be removed.

Its not unusual for snakes to have bad sheds this time of year due to the lower humidity in the air unless you go out of your way to boost it during a shed cycle.

ill have a look for shed but i didn't see any whist looking for mucus. his enclosure is quite large with a screen top so the tops open. prob best to move him to a smaller more temp manageable one for now yh? or would that cause stress or anything that could cause more problems? thanks for the quick reply too.

sorry didnt see your post Pauls_Pythons that answers my shed question so i can edit that one out lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back