First shed for my new Jungle Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCheese

Reaction score
Thought I'd share a pic of Prada in her new skin. She shed perfectly last night and luckily i got to watch the whole process from start to finish. Which was totally fascinating. @Shire pythons thanks mate she's a beauty.
received_10155402819752120.jpeg

Does the yellow get brighter as they get older? Or does the black get darker? Or what?

I’ve seen some pure black and gold jungle, but yours is very nice :D

That’s a nice snake mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mate i am totally besotted with her. They are amazing creatures.
[doublepost=1530863795,1530863524][/doublepost]
Does the yellow get brighter as they get older? Or does the black get darker? Or what?

I've been told that they color up more with each shed. But I've also been told that they can lose there color as they get older. I hope she holds her colours. She's my first snake so it'll be exciting to watch what happens.
[doublepost=1530864023][/doublepost]
Looking the goods mate! Sorry about selling you a milky in shed snake, bad timing haha! but atleast now you get to see the awesome lemon yellow and jet black as promised !!!
Dont be sorry. Watching her shed was awsome. Cheers ☺

With this particular palmerston zebra line i have (3 generations)generally speaking the yellow keeps getting better(brighter) for the first 2-3yrs . In saying that some of this snakes sibings went yellow quicker than her . The black stays black but some yellows go brownish at 6yrs some dont and stray vibrant to old age its hard to say what will happen its a lottery
[doublepost=1530864607,1530864384][/doublepost]Furthermore ive noticed some colour up quicker but fade quicker and vice versa. And some stay bright forever . Even the worst ones from each clutch ( if u can even say that) are still pretty damn good imo

it seems to have a slightly compressed pattern, is it a zebra? It doesn't quite look like most zebras I've seen, but i do like it.

it seems to have a slightly compressed pattern, is it a zebra? It doesn't quite look like most zebras I've seen, but i do like it.
In my experience the zeb gene in Palmerston jungles creates a more thick/solid broken pattern (like one in questuon) compared to the more common really busy/scattered type pattern in other jungle zebs . Why i dont know but i have a few like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back