Rat wrapped in paper towel!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alichamp

Reaction score
Ahh help!
Stimson managed to wrap her rat up in paper towel when she grabbed it. She's looking for the head ready to eat it but it's wrapped too tight in paper towel not to eat that too. I've tried getting the towel out of her coils but she's wrapped too tight.

What do I do??

Uncoil her?

Stimmies aren’t all that big.

If you’ve got a pair of feeding tongs (or metal chopstick/spoon), gently lift up her top lip. If you annoy them enough they’ll let go
[doublepost=1530878804,1530878624][/doublepost]If she’s started eating that is!

If she’s not yet started, thaw out another mouse (smallest size you have) and offer that to feed. Once she takes that and starts to eat she should loosen up the coils

I've got tongs and have been getting bits of towel off and stopped her from putting her mouth around it a few times but she keeps it in her coils.

She's determined to keep hold!

No problem.

My Woma once decided to eat his thermometer cord along with the rat... probe/cord caught behind the rat. I had a fun time wrestling him to let go

Easiest way is to just blow (air) in their mouth.

The little bugger I went to prepare another rat quickly and while I was gone she wrapped her mouth and teeth into the rat she has and protect her head with her body so I can't get the tongs in there to make her let go!!
[doublepost=1530880770,1530880427][/doublepost]OK got her to back it out.now watching her close whine we wait for ray #2

If she’s stared swallowing, she won’t let go for another rat. You’ll have to very gently pry open her jaw with the tongs

Yep done that now waiting
[doublepost=1530880967,1530880904][/doublepost]I know you are so glued to your screens for updates
[doublepost=1530881310][/doublepost]Success!! Took some convincing for her to let go of the first but finally recoiled around rat 2. Is rat 1 a goner now or can I leave that for her to eat too if she wants it (after taking the towel off of course!)?

Just curious, was the rat wet?

Thanks Buggster for your help.

Yes the rat was wet.

No problem.

My Woma once decided to eat his thermometer cord along with the rat... probe/cord caught behind the rat. I had a fun time wrestling him to let go
my woma once decided that it would be a good idea to grab the rat while it was still in the plastic bag and started to eat it so I ended up getting her to bite me instead while I tried to get it out of her coils. And that is the story of my first feeding bite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back