Help 1st timer... Aggressive juvenile Stimson

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmi.stimson

Reaction score
Help please... We have got my 11yrd son a juvenile Stimson python we think about 4mths old. ( from breeder )We have had him 4 weeks and has been eating fine and very docile. Last 3 days he is very aggressive even striking when out of cage??? Could he be shedding??? I read up as much as I could as Im not sure what to look for.... His eyes look yellow cream not blue???? He was yawning lots last night and rubbing nose on branch.... but can't tell if skin looks dull or different?? Worried as he is my sons and don't want him frightened of him??? Thanks in advance...

What are the hot spot temperatures? What are you feeding it?

There’s a chance you missed the blue eyes? But it’s possible his scales are still dull in colour ?

Pictures of snake and enclosure?

How are you trying to pick it up? From above or from the side?

There’s a chance you missed the blue eyes? But it’s possible his scales are still dull in colour ?

Hi thank you for response. I'll take pic when I get home. I was just picking him up from top in middle, but now tried with hook. Fine on my hand but if someone walks past or moves ge strikes. He has heat mat under hide and heat lamp round 30 on same side at back of cage.
[doublepost=1528417743,1528417519][/doublepost]
Hi thank you for response. I'll take pic when I get home. I was just picking him up from top in middle, but now tried with hook. Fine on my hand but if someone walks past or moves ge strikes. He has heat mat under hide and heat lamp round 30 on same side at back of cage.
Oh also he gets 2 pinkies on a Sunday which he loves..
[doublepost=1528422418][/doublepost]Screenshot_20180608-102932.png Screenshot_20180608-102932.png not best pic but having trouble uploading ... I'll take a pic of him when I get home so you can see him. THANKS SO MUCH!!

Last edited:
Definitely sounds like he is attempting to shed. If you place a rock with a rough surface that he can rub on, like a section of house brick or paving stone, this will help him get started more readily than a smooth branch. My advice would be stop worrying, make sure his water is topped up and leave him alone for the next few days and see how he goes. Please update us then.

Definitely sounds like he is attempting to shed. If you place a rock with a rough surface that he can rub on, like a section of house brick or paving stone, this will help him get started more readily than a smooth branch. My advice would be stop worrying, make sure his water is topped up and leave him alone for the next few days and see how he goes. Please update us then.
Done... Thank you for your reply... really appreciate it... lots to learn. When I put stuff in cage today he seemed quite calm..... 20180608_152949.png
[doublepost=1528436085,1528435906][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1528417743,1528417519][/doublepost]
Oh also he gets 2 pinkies on a Sunday which he loves..
[doublepost=1528422418][/doublepost]View attachment 324450 View attachment 324450 not best pic but having trouble uploading ... I'll take a pic of him when I get home so you can see him. THANKS SO MUCH!!

20180608_152949.png
[doublepost=1528436304][/doublepost]

Screenshot_20180608-152205.png
[doublepost=1528437709][/doublepost]
Help please... We have got my 11yrd son a juvenile Stimson python we think about 4mths old. ( from breeder )We have had him 4 weeks and has been eating fine and very docile. Last 3 days he is very aggressive even striking when out of cage??? Could he be shedding??? I read up as much as I could as Im not sure what to look for.... His eyes look yellow cream not blue???? He was yawning lots last night and rubbing nose on branch.... but can't tell if skin looks dull or different?? Worried as he is my sons and don't want him frightened of him??? Thanks in advance...

Screenshot_20180608-155952.png

Thats quite a large enclosure for a snake that small, I've got my guy in the same size enclosure (and have since he was a hatchie) - however I have 4 hide for him to choose from so he is able to feel secure. Maybe try adding another hide to two? You've got the space.

Hi again. Thanks for all your advice. Just update for u all. So Monty shed a couple weeks after I posted on here. I think when he has has days where he is cranky he is hungry its like he us hunting??? He is docile most of the time but when hungry strikes out. Slowly working him out. I have been feeding him every 7 days 2 pinkys but this week fed him a day early as he was hunting. Don't want to over feed him. But seems to love his tucker?

Hi again. Thanks for all your advice. Just update for u all. So Monty shed a couple weeks after I posted on here. I think when he has has days where he is cranky he is hungry its like he us hunting??? He is docile most of the time but when hungry strikes out. Slowly working him out. I have been feeding him every 7 days 2 pinkys but this week fed him a day early as he was hunting. Don't want to over feed him. But seems to love his tucker?

He could definitely be hungry after 2 pinkies? try 1 larger feed thats bigger than the 2 pinkies

He could definitely be hungry after 2 pinkies? try 1 larger feed thats bigger than the 2 pinkies
Ok... even tho its bigger for his tiny mouth?? That would be a fuzzy?
[doublepost=1531293059,1531292650][/doublepost]20180707_103958.jpg
[doublepost=1531293350][/doublepost]

20180711_171450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back