Her first bad shed :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl69aze

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately my little bab had her first bad shed, I noticed this morning she was shedding, but being the shy little snake she went back to hiding, and I had to go to work so wasn’t aware of whether she got it off or not, I’ve been told she got the eye caps off though, so I’m not worried yet, and will see how it is when I get home
Probably will have to give her a bath
7A149301-591E-49B4-801E-D471EE8B6192.png

I hate winter and the humidity drop it brings :mad:

World snake day and she does this “u are my slave today! Clean me!”

Last edited:
Its not too bad.
One of the problems we deal with when animals slough during winter unfortunately.
Another reason not to feed during the winter months maybe?

Its not too bad.
One of the problems we deal with when animals slough during winter unfortunately.
Another reason not to feed during the winter months maybe?
I’m still trying to learn her shed signs, don’t know why but I never noticed untill this shed that their eyes don’t go “cloudy” but rather they got light pink

I can't see the problem. The eye scales have come off, the picture shows that. Why do you think she will need a soak or has remaining skin?

I can't see the problem. The eye scales have come off, the picture shows that. Why do you think she will need a soak or has remaining skin?
There’s ALOT of remaining shed, unfortunately I don’t have a tub to soak her in tonight because someone decided to use the container for something else, so I need to go tomorrow morning and grab one from shops, for now I’ve just sprayed with some warm water to increase humidity

3F342DCE-0AA6-4B0E-8157-5AD8A754EADF.jpeg

In about 25 years of keeping large numbers of snakes I don't think I've ever soaked one in a tub. Generally I just pour water into their enclosure (usually just out of the water bowl).

Are you posting a picture of that slough to show how much skin is left on the snake? It's pretty common that they don't slough in one piece. Sometimes it's in two or more pieces but it all comes off. A picture of the actual snake may show how much is left on.

In about 25 years of keeping large numbers of snakes I don't think I've ever soaked one in a tub. Generally I just pour water into their enclosure (usually just out of the water bowl).

Are you posting a picture of that slough to show how much skin is left on the snake? It's pretty common that they don't slough in one piece. Sometimes it's in two or more pieces but it all comes off. A picture of the actual snake may show how much is left on.
She’s gotten the eye caps and head off and maybe 10cm off the back, she’s about a metre long, at time of posting this msg it seems she’s trying to get rid of the shed off
[doublepost=1531782336,1531775109][/doublepost]She did it :D

New pyjamas

CF96B9F3-26AB-40BA-BB41-E0A6B2BA99B4.jpeg
And what a lovely mess she made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back