chicken necks?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Language warning

Standard diet for humans is pretty good... According to the scienticianologist.

Last edited:
he did pretty much exactly what I'm doing. cocnut oil in my first coffee, fast till lunch, two small canns of tuna in olive oil, and a small piece of meat with green veggies at night. that's it. I've now started exercising too.

he did pretty much exactly what I'm doing. cocnut oil in my first coffee, fast till lunch, two small canns of tuna in olive oil, and a small piece of meat with green veggies at night. that's it. I've now started exercising too.
That sounds horrible sir..

You poor thing

I actually am loving it, it's just so easy. I use small protein bars and coffee to get me through if i get hungry. I can feel my energy levels improving everyday, my back pain has gone, but the best part is having women hit on me at gigs. lol. Not that I'm allowed to do anything about it, but it is a nice change.

Funny Keto diet has come up on this forum. I’m on my second full week of Keto and it’s great. Might sound hard or horrible but it’s not at all .my mind feels sharp and focussed and heaps of energy. I fast on Friday’s so no food all Friday then sat morning will be a high fat no carb breakfast .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny Keto diet has come up on this forum. I’m on my second full week of Keto and it’s great. Might sound hard or horrible but it’s not at all .my mind feels sharp and focussed and heaps of energy. I fast on Friday’s so no food all Friday then sat morning will be a high fat no carb breakfast .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting you say it's not hard or horrible. People doing it 10 years ago seemed to really struggle, but most people I talk to or hear from these days seem to be finding it easy to do and enjoy feeling better. I'm not at all sure what changed. Maybe the typically recommended method has been changed a bit, or perhaps something about the culture has changed.

Interesting you say it's not hard or horrible. People doing it 10 years ago seemed to really struggle, but most people I talk to or hear from these days seem to be finding it easy to do and enjoy feeling better. I'm not at all sure what changed. Maybe the typically recommended method has been changed a bit, or perhaps something about the culture has changed.
The average home meal has gotten worse :rolleyes: or people eating too much fake stuff

The average home meal has gotten worse :rolleyes: or people eating too much fake stuff

I haven't spent much of the last 5 years in Australia and am becoming a bit out of touch with typical day to day Australian household life. Even from here the fact that things are changing extremely quickly is obvious, so it doesn't surprise me that the diet is rapidly changing too. Until about 10 years ago I thought Australia was hands down the best place in the world to live (and it pretty much was), but the rapid changes since then made me leave, and since leaving everything I see about the path Australia is on keeps confirming what I was expecting to happen (not that most of it applies to food).

In terms of the keto diet, perhaps there are now just so many people on such terrible diets feeling terrible from them that when they go on the keto diet they feel a lot better because anything is better than the diet a lot of Australians are on. When I visit Australia these days I do cringe when thinking about the food and get so happy when I arrive back in what I think of as Food Heaven. Last night I had a bit of a weird fruit craving, really just felt like fruit for dinner, walked out into the street and bought a ridiculous pile of fresh cold fruit and got the lady selling it to cut it all up for me into a nice huge fruit platter. In Australia something like that would cost about $50-100 if you could even find someone to do it, but here it was about AU$3, and as a bonus it was all seasonal fresh local tropical fruit, just from the nearest vendor out on the street. I usually spend about AU1.50-3 on absolutely amazing meals freshly cooked using fresh ingredients. After becoming accustomed to eating like a king for trivial money it's painful to go back to Australia where even a mediochre diet costs a fortune, and to eat in Australia like I do elsewhere is prohibitively expensive.

I think the reason the keto diet works so well is it is reversing the anti-fat propaganda that many unfortunate people have been brainwashed to believe, fat is the most satisfying food IMO. Also you are eliminating lots of potentially bad foods that can have adverse effects in many people. From what I have read people who have trouble are usually just ignoring the need for more electrolytes, even the people in Ideocracy know you need electrolytes lol

Just to divert back to original topic. This is a video of a Black Tailed Cribo (Drymarcho melanurus) aving a feed of chicken pieces. They are a non-venomous species from Central America.

Just to divert back to original topic. This is a video of a Black Tailed Cribo (Drymarcho melanurus) aving a feed of chicken pieces. They are a non-venomous species from Central America.

Most snakes will eat this sort of thing, the main issue is that pythons (and others) will sometimes constrict and it makes it a bit messier than an animal with the skin on. It is much worse if you feed them mince or canned dog/cat food.

I think the reason the keto diet works so well is it is reversing the anti-fat propaganda that many unfortunate people have been brainwashed to believe, fat is the most satisfying food IMO. Also you are eliminating lots of potentially bad foods that can have adverse effects in many people.

I think there's perhaps a bit of truth to that. People, particularly western but increasingly others, have been lied to and told fat is a bad thing. People also obviously have a completely warped concept of what food is and why we eat if we commonly see "calorie free" or "low calorie" being used as a reason to buy food! It's approximately as absurd as advertising something as 'empty filler' and implies people simply wish to eat food with a mentality of eating as much as possible for no purpose other than recreation, and if that's your mentality you need a radical rethink. Probably the single biggest reason we eat food is for the calories it contains. If you want something with zero calories I'm happy to sell you as much water as you like.

The entire diet situation is incredibly simple, so it's amazing so many people fail to grasp it. You could literally fit almost everything normal people need to know on one A4 page. You could literally put most of it into one paragraph.

Everyone who knows anything at all about food agrees people need something around 2,000 calories per day (it varies depending on age, sex, activity level, etc). We need a certain amount of protein, fat and carbohydrate. It doesn't take 2,000 calories to get enough of these as we need. To make up the remaining calories it doesn't matter too much whether they come from fat, protein or carbohydrate, but protein and fat are generally better. Also make sure you're getting enough micronutrients (do that before filling up your 2,000 calorie quota). Yes, it's fine to have 2,500 today and 1,500 tomorrow, or 500 today and 3,500 tomorrow, etc. No, you don't have to fanatically count them or know your exact daily quota. If you are putting on weight and you don't want to, eat less, and first cut out highly processed foods. If you are losing weight and you don't want to, eat more, and feel free to add any healthy food you choose. If you're stable and happy, keep doing what you're doing.

I'm going to try the chicken necks tonight on my diamond pythons, just to see if they go for them. I'll get pics if I'm successful.

I can't see the chicken neck as a problem if it is an added part of the diet,after all it is considered an adequate part of a lacies diet.
It obviously has calcium as well as some other vital nutrients that are not included in meat only diets.

We used to feed our big Intergrade girl chicken necks regularly (every 3rd feed ie rat-rat-necks-rats) with no ill effects whatsoever, in fact on neck week she used to smash the necks with more vigour than the rats, the only difference we ever found with rats V necks was on crap day the crap was more solid and less smell after the necks, the only down side i found was with necks you have to have an animal that will take multiples at feed time, our 7 kg Intergrade needed 4 necks to fill her up.
As far as diets go i am 199 kg and have tried every diet up to and including the russian stalag rotten cabbage soup diet and have found that without a good regime of exercise they are all next to useless, I have oxygen dependant COPD and chronic degenerative Polymyalgia Rheumatica along with a shopping list of other side problems which just about make exercise of any kind almost impossible. I did lose quite a bit of weight on the Ketogenic diet but without the required amount of exercise to keep it off it all came back, 1 day i will find a diet that i can do while i am asleep and all will be good.

ndemx0bziv-gif.322035

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling-

I bought some chicken necks, but ended up giving them to my dog. I'm still going with the keyto diet, but I've added excercise in now too. I do cardio one day and core and strength the next. I used to train and fight as a kickboxer, and now I'm finally getting back into the right mind set to train. It's very addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back