Macaws suck

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl69aze

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Today I got bit by a macaw at my friends place and even through a fairly thick jumper it made a hole in my shoulder, both in the jumper and my flesh

I love macaws and other large birds like cockatoos, but omg the power in the bite >_< I am tough and won’t need stitches, or so I say (untill it gets infected with jumper threads”

Yea but it flew to me and didn’t even bite, sort of pinched and let go
Believe me if a macaw or a black cockatoo wanted to bite you you would know about it, they can crack walnuts like you eat a biscuit and are quite capable of severing a finger, however they are usually gentle and it may have been love bite.

Believe me if a macaw or a black cockatoo wanted to bite you you would know about it, they can crack walnuts like you eat a biscuit and are quite capable of severing a finger, however they are usually gentle and it may have been love bite.
I am aware of the power, and know it wasn’t a “strong” bite, however the fact he caused a hole in my arm through a think jumper still amazes me,

It’s healed up now

I own a blue and gold macaw and the worst part is her claws. they are the size of medium-large eagle talons and they tear skin pretty easily. bites are alright as long as its not the face! she has bitten my nose really hard and my lip and stuff. best thing to do is not pull away. some animal trainers have been bitten on the lip and they pull away and their lip gets torn off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back