Site DNS Blocked?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saximus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I've just tried to access the forum from home and got a DNS block similar to what happens when you try to get to torrent sites these days (not that I would use torrent sites, I've just heard off a friend of a friend ;))

I had to connect to my VPN to be able to get here. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it somehow related to the way the site is categorised? I'm not educated enough in the ways of the Internets to fully understand it...

I've just tried to access the forum from home and got a DNS block similar to what happens when you try to get to torrent sites these days (not that I would use torrent sites, I've just heard off a friend of a friend ;))

I had to connect to my VPN to be able to get here. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it somehow related to the way the site is categorised? I'm not educated enough in the ways of the Internets to fully understand it...
never seen/heard of that with this site, nor with most torrent sites. weird.

I'll check it out Sax. I have blacklisted several international geographic locations due to persistent hacking attempts but if you are accessing in Aus, there shouldn't be an issue.

I'll log something with the hosting provider now.

Thanks, Stu. It seems to be working today so it may have just been a once off oddity.

Richard, it happened for me when all the hubbub was happening around Dallas Buyers Club and GoT and the suggestions around threatening people with fines etc. My ISP blocked access to all of those kinds of sites and I heard a lot of others did. Maybe you're just with one of the more sane ones.

Looks like a hosting provider error which they have now sorted.

Thanks for letting me know man

Aye aye aye

59F8AC95-943F-4998-A9E7-30A1BFCDA98A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back