Housing sizes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaviemys purvisi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I wish I had grass. My money got me one of those cottage blocks where it is all house then a couple of pavers :/
Ah that's a shame, I'm in the middle of Toowoomba city with the house I just bought back in 2016 and have 752 square meters of this all to myself. Mind you we've had approximately 8 inches of rain in the last 3 weeks so it's looking mint now... Just 4-5 weeks ago I had 752 square meters of dirt and a few scattered weeds and it'd been that way since January. Lol Have mowed twice in 5 days, more rain coming tomorrow!
20181027_100401.jpg

Ah that's a shame, I'm in the middle of Toowoomba city with the house I just bought back in 2016 and have 752 square meters of this all to myself. Mind you we've had approximately 8 inches of rain in the last 3 weeks so it's looking mint now... Just 4-5 weeks ago I had 752 square meters of dirt and a few scattered weeds and it'd been that way since January. Lol Have mowed twice in 5 days, more rain coming tomorrow!
Haha, we can always trade if you like! My block is under 300 square.

Do houses these days even have a backdoor or backyard for that matter
Probably not, that's why I specifically bought a house on a block that was built in 1975. Built to last on a decent sized family block from that era.

Back yard.
image11.jpg

Front yard
main.jpg

Entertainment area on the northern side
image10.jpg

More grass on the southern side with ample door to fence clearing LOL
20181028_105746.jpg

Last edited:
I never understood the idea of a suburban lawn, it seems like a complete waste of energy. Unless you are running guinea pigs or kids on it, you would be better off with a food forest type thing with plenty of ponds.

I never understood the idea of a suburban lawn, it seems like a complete waste of energy. Unless you are running guinea pigs or kids on it, you would be better off with a food forest type thing with plenty of ponds.
You don’t eat the grass in your backyard? o_O

I guess I am 1 of the lucky ones too,My house was built in 1961 so I have just under 700sqm,big yard ,small house. But I do use it all,free range chooks,veg garden, workshop and soon to be built an outdoor Lacie house.As well as plans for our frillies to have an outdoor summer house.
I couldn't stand to live in 1 of these modern homes of 270 sqm on a 300 sqm block, I am an outdoor person but I see so many in my delivery area with the roofs almost touching and no yard,they talk about kids being obese but where do they get to run around?

Last edited:
You don’t eat the grass in your backyard? o_O
Smokes it...
[doublepost=1540755558,1540755134][/doublepost]
I guess I am 1 of the lucky ones too,My house was built in 1961 so I have just under 700sqm,big yard ,small house. But I do use it all,free range chooks,veg garden, workshop and soon to be built an outdoor Lacie house.As well as plans for our frillies to have an outdoor summer house.
I couldn't stand to live in 1 of these modern homes of 270 sqm on a 300 sqm block, I am an outdoor person but I see so many in my delivery area with the roofs almost touching and no yard,they talk about kids being obese but where do they get to run around?
There's a lot of new developments going on up here in the Toowoomba suburb of Glenvale and it's exactly as you describe... the blocks are all 300 squares or less and the rooftops of the houses are less than 24 inches apart and the fences are so close to the side of the house, it's claustrophobic.. my 752 squares is perfect for me at this point in time whilst I need to be within the city but have some space for a game of back yard cricket or fetch with the dogs.

I bet old mate makes a mess with all the mulch and ****? (Or maybe cleans the balcony for you?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back