Trouble shedding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keento learn tim

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new to snake keeping and have got most of advice from my breeder,this forum and unfortunately U tube. Anyone I have a jungle Jag that's going through her first shed since I got her she is 10mnths old and has shed her head section and maybe half her body not a full shed should I be worried about her health or is this normal and not all sheds are "perfect" sheds.

It's common to get sheds that arent perfect. They can also indicate problems with temperature or humidity though. Perhaps look at the option of giving your snake a humidity box when it is in shed so that it can increase it's own humidity if it needs.

It's common to get sheds that arent perfect. They can also indicate problems with temperature or humidity though. Perhaps look at the option of giving your snake a humidity box when it is in shed so that it can increase it's own humidity if it needs.
Can you suggest a good way to build or place to buy humidity box

Check out this video on youtube

They explain the purpose of humidity boxes and how to make one easily. They also have a good amount of other informative videos to help with problems like stuck shed and such.

No worries, still learning a lot myself (yet to see my first shed). But hopefully that youtube channel can help with some info.

It’s important it all comes off within a day or 2. Especially the eye caps

What I do when I get a problem shed, is get like warm water and give a quick spray, or put them in a tub (or put the tub in the enclosure so it humidifies the whole thing) with a VERY shallow (so they can always touch the bottom and keep their head out) level of water.

A few important tips is to have a rough surface, whether a large rock or branch bark, to assist with shedding,
I also like to bump humidity up a bit when their eyes stop going cloudy with a warm light spray once a day Untill they shed, sometimes I miss the albino shed signs and don’t spray, it doesn’t matter really, but it helps

Thank you guys heaps of help I left her for a week with patchy shed still on its all off now thanks to the pillow case trick and some lite rubbing with warm wet cloth. but will that effect her health any

Thank you guys heaps of help I left her for a week with patchy shed still on its all off now thanks to the pillow case trick and some lite rubbing with warm wet cloth. but will that effect her health any

As long as it's all off now (including eye caps) she should be fine, just keep an eye on her though obviously, and keep an eye on her future sheds to try help her in a timely fashion in the future if theres any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back