3 month rule on license

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't be a problem because you were doing it to make room for your new child,if you did it because you were bored or whatever then you might expect repercussions.
It's similar here in NSW, you aren't supposed to re-sell in under 6 months but they let it go by if there is a valid reason.

The states vary on how strict they are with this rule. I don't know about WA, but in general they won't even notice, let alone care, if it's a one off. If they do pull you up on it and you have a good reason it shouldn't be a problem. In Vic and QLD it wouldn't be, NSW probably wouldn't be, SA probably wouldn't be but I'm not sure... WA I honestly have no idea but I'd be surprised if they'd care.

The original reason for the rule was to stop people from buying reptiles specifically to resell them (acting like back yard pet shops). If you make many quick transactions they may notice, and if so, they'll pull you up on it. I've never, ever heard of anyone having any issues with a one off quick trade.

Riiight. So, back to saying, I have never ever heard of anyone being in any sort of trouble for a one off sale under the time period!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back