Thermostat reviews

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoplo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

is anyone familiar with this brand/make of thermostat? thermofilm

has anybody had any problems etc?

it seems to be working fine for me, about 4-5 degrees out so turns on when it drops to 30 and turns off when it reaches 34..

just wondering as i got it off a mate

thanks

53323472_408109033257926_3990971151466627072_n.jpg

53060165_567704823703509_6260403596903317504_n.jpg

That type of thermostat has been around forever under various brand names. They are usually reliable and last a lot longer than modern digital ones, only issue I've had is the temperature can be at variance with the marked scale so you need a thermometer to test what you are actually getting but they are accurate enough for most cage heating.

That type of thermostat has been around forever under various brand names. They are usually reliable and last a lot longer than modern digital ones, only issue I've had is the temperature can be at variance with the marked scale so you need a thermometer to test what you are actually getting but they are accurate enough for most cage heating.

thanks for the reply, yeah im finding it to be 5 degrees out, but still turning on and off properly once you adjust ...

cheers for that Yellowtail

Wow, did it turn up in an achaological dig? Haha, many of us were using these long ago, but I haven't seen one for a long time now. Given how much better the modern gear is I wouldn't really bother using those, but hey, we managed to keep, breed and even incubate stuff with them back in the day so you could still use them now if you wanted to and either didn't need stable temperatures or didn't care about worse results.

Aside from a few crappy brands, I haven't found the modern gear to be less reliable than the old stuff. Some of the old models used to fail almost reliably. These old generation probe thermostats were pretty reliable, but a lot of the modern stuff is just as reliable as well as far better performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back