White and grey scales on carpet python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bredlimama

Reaction score
Hi there,

I’ve noticed my Bredli has these discoloured scales on him that have turned into a white/grey. At first I only noticed it in one spot but now I’ve seen it on other parts of his body and I’m a bit concerned.. he’s just recently shed so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it but I’m thinking I need to take him to the vet.

Has anyone seen or dealt with this before?

Thank you!
2bd3d74e3e2900a2494a561171d193ca.jpg
05b226570c8b01cbec79112299bc3f6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, looks like it would be from the last shed i have had this happen with one of my carpets, it should clear up within a shed or 2.

Hi, looks like it would be from the last shed i have had this happen with one of my carpets, it should clear up within a shed or 2.

+1 to this. You see this once in a while and it clears up after a slough or two. I've seen it in a few species of pythons.

+1 to this. You see this once in a while and it clears up after a slough or two. I've seen it in a few species of pythons.

Thank you both so much! Definitely relieved it’s nothing serious (I’m a new mama to my bredli)

Is it known what causes it?

Thank you both so much! Definitely relieved it’s nothing serious (I’m a new mama to my bredli)

Is it known what causes it?

I've never identified a cause, or tried very hard to do so. It's not an issue so I just haven't worried. If I had to guess I'd say may it's when there's a mild abraision during the time the new skin is forming, or maybe just for whatever reason there's an issue in producing it. Just a guess, it could be something completely different. I've heard people guess it's caused by bacterial infection but I can't see any basis to that, and a lot of things contradict it.

I had this happen with my coastal, just 2 scales on his back were pure white after a shed and slowly darkened after each shed haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back