7 year old Jungle/ coastal Python not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Colbert

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi. My Jungle/Coastal Python shed 21 days ago and since then has not eaten. I have tried numerous times to tempt him but he is not interested.

He had a vet check 17 days ago and all was fine.

Could anyone please offer some advice

Regards Rob

Hi Rob

Mate there's no need to panic. Three weeks without a feed is nothing for a 7 year old Carpet. As long as your temps and husbandry are all right it will eat when it gets hungry. Just watch for the signs that's it's looking for a feed (like exploring it's enclosure or hanging it's head/neck from it's perch) and offer it one then.

Cheers George.

Thank you George, he often hangs his head but I will keep an eye out for some more signs.

Much appreciated mate

It's an adult male Carpet Python in autumn. They're supposed to stop feeding in autumn. Offer feed again in spring.

It's an adult male Carpet Python in autumn. They're supposed to stop feeding in autumn. Offer feed again in spring.

Thank you for your great advice. I appreciate at that. So they kind of hybernate in the winter

Thank you for your great advice. I appreciate at that. So they kind of hybernate in the winter

Yes. I feed adult Carpet Pythons about 5-10 times per year over no more than about 8 months of the year. If one over 3-4 years of age, especially a male, decides it doesn't want a feed at this time of year, I won't bother feeding until after winter (if I have a spare rat I might wave it in the snake's face, but I won't go out of my way to feed it).

Yes. I feed adult Carpet Pythons about 5-10 times per year over no more than about 8 months of the year. If one over 3-4 years of age, especially a male, decides it doesn't want a feed at this time of year, I won't bother feeding until after winter (if I have a spare rat I might wave it in the snake's face, but I won't go out of my way to feed it).

You have been a great help and have taught me alot more. Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back