BioActive Substrate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbourke11

Reaction score
Hey guys i have been viewing the biodude on youtube he has some pretty cool bio setups for reptiles. I'm wanting to get a substrate similar to his one can anyone give me some recommendations and where to get it from? Because i know you can't just grab soil from anywhere because it might be treated with chemicals that could harm your reptile. Cheers!

Why do you need soil for a bearded dragon

Never listen to Americans about bearded dragon care, otherwise you end up with chairs and pillows

Only substrate you should be using is red sand, but make sure you’re not using the stuff that becomes rock hard when wet, this can cause impactation.

That soil stuff will create too high humidity which will eventually cause scale rot

1F126130-F003-46F1-8162-D8B54120F6CF.jpeg

Why do you need soil for a bearded dragon

Never listen to Americans about bearded dragon care, otherwise you end up with chairs and pillows

Only substrate you should be using is red sand, but make sure you’re not using the stuff that becomes rock hard when wet, this can cause impactation.

That soil stuff will create too high humidity which will eventually cause scale rot

View attachment 327057
Hmm okay how about this stuff i fully understand that but what if i had this stuff down the bottom to feed my plants then some sand on top would that work? or would it be alright just use all of this stuff in the tank? https://www.arcadiareptile.com/earthpro/substrate/earthmix-arid/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back