Weight

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoodleWolfi

Reaction score
Hey there!

I have a 2 year old (female?) Stimson's python, who I feel is on the smaller side. Is there an average weight for Stimson's pythons as they age? The breeder I bought her from, at 11 months, was feeding her as little as possible, to keep her small so she'd be bought, which is awful. I just want to know if I need to get her weight up more. The three year olds I've seen were much bigger than her, and I know that's a year's difference, but still.

Any help is useful. Thank you!

You haven’t given a length or a weight??

Or what you’re feeding it

Last edited:
You haven’t given a length or a weight??

Or what you’re feeding it

Oh! No I haven't! Whoops. It is 117g, around 70cm and eats two hoppers once a fortnight, as I haven't been able to get the next size up quite yet. She has only recently started wanting two

I'd be going to adult mice for a 110g snake you want to grow - I'd be looking at a food size of around 20-30g

I was giving my darwin python (yes yes I know different species) adult mice at 80-100g

I feed my female children’s ( smaller breed of anterasia) an xtra large adult mouse, every 7-14 days,she’s about 80-90 cm born 1.1.18. Definitely up the food

I feed my female children’s ( smaller breed of anterasia) an xtra large adult mouse, every 7-14 days,she’s about 80-90 cm born 1.1.18. Definitely up the food

Rightio. I'll certainly do that. Thank you

Feeding schedules aren’t set in concrete, she’s a big girl so gets more food. My males are smaller and get adult mice or Weiner mice . Sometimes my snakes get fed earlier or L8r depending on circumstances. I noticed the?? After female. If you have a male , it’s going to be smaller, but I’d still try larger feeds , or at least more regular, good luck & keep us posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back