Foam Fire risk?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinyroar

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I am fairly new to the hobby. I have a blue tongue and a children’s Python.
I’m getting a albino Darwin in a few weeks and wanted to attempt to make my own background.
I bought a foam board from Bunnings today (knauf insulation board) and some expanding foam and I have MANY questions about how to actually build it... but I started to worry that a foam background that close to heat lamps would be a massive fire risk??
Thoughts, advice and expert examples? Much appreciated and I can’t wait to interact with this community to learn and improve my reptile keeping interest and husbandry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think there is a huge fire risk from lamps they don’t usally explode. But I can see your concern that stuff would be like napalm if it were to ignite.

I don’t think there is a huge fire risk from lamps they don’t usally explode. But I can see your concern that stuff would be like napalm if it were to ignite.

Yeah.... it would just go up hey.... wondering if it’s not worth the risk :/

I don’t see a risk as long as you use thermostat and that. Quaility electrical leads sockets power boards and all that
[doublepost=1562621618,1562621565][/doublepost]Light cage so snake can’t burn itself

I don’t see a risk as long as you use thermostat and that. Quaility electrical leads sockets power boards and all that
[doublepost=1562621618,1562621565][/doublepost]Light cage so snake can’t burn itself

That’s a good point too. Thank you :)

Also you coat the foam with render which isnt flammable. But if you have enough heat in your enclosure that it could ignite something then you're going to have injured or dead reptiles regardless of whether there is expanding foam in there I would guess :eek:
There's some great info in the DIY section about making rock walls :) Post some pics of how you go please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back