concerned about health of my BHP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXFlying

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I know im going to cop comments about not doing research or being another 'newbie' who doesnt know anything but i have done my research and i have read alot of threads but im still worried. So a couple days ago my bhp eyes were blue and i was excited because i knew she was going to shed soon and later on her eyes ended clearing up. Its been 4 days since then and she still hasnt shed although i can see a bit of skin breaking at the tip of her head. Ive seen her rubbing her head against rough surfaces for 2 days now but it seems like she cant break it off and start shedding. Im mainly concerned because when i got her she was very skinny and still is but she wont eat because shes shedding. Im worried that shes getting too skinny and something bad will happen if she doesnt shed soon and i dont feed her shortly after that. Sorry if this isnt explain well as its almost midnight and im exhausted.

I don't own a BP, but have lots of boas, a couple of weeks with out food is no problem, I know some people on this forum who's BP go on regular winter fast for 3-5 months without loosing much weight at all, so two weeks not going to hurt.
my boas normally shed about a week /eek and half after there eyes have cleared up, I also increase there humidity at the first sign of discolouration or eyes blueing up. I also regular mist there vivs morning and night to help them smoothly thru the process, hope this helps

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I don't own a BP, but have lots of boas, a couple of weeks with out food is no problem, I know some people on this forum who's BP go on regular winter fast for 3-5 months without loosing much weight at all, so two weeks not going to hurt.
my boas normally shed about a week /eek and half after there eyes have cleared up, I also increase there humidity at the first sign of discolouration or eyes blueing up. I also regular mist there vivs morning and night to help them smoothly thru the process, hope this helps

helps alot i appreciate it. She was already skinny when i got her thats the only reason im concerned about it. I know you said your boas usually shed about a week/week and a half after their eyes clear up but when do you notice they start rubbing their nose on things to break the skin?

Normally 7/10 days after there eyes have cleared up they start rubbing there faces to start to roll back the skin

Normally 7/10 days after there eyes have cleared up they start rubbing there faces to start to roll back the skin

ok cool, thanks heaps
[doublepost=1563111532,1563027383][/doublepost]Just want to post an update. Tonight at 11:10 i woke up to check on her and she was upside down and slowly moving her mouth. I turned the heat light on and turned her around but she hasn't moved since. She was way too thin when i got her and i couldnt get her to eat so i dont know what the cause of death was but im very heartbroken :(

ok cool, thanks heaps
[doublepost=1563111532,1563027383][/doublepost]Just want to post an update. Tonight at 11:10 i woke up to check on her and she was upside down and slowly moving her mouth. I turned the heat light on and turned her around but she hasn't moved since. She was way too thin when i got her and i couldnt get her to eat so i dont know what the cause of death was but im very heartbroken :(
So sorry to hear that, so upsetting to loose a scale baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back