Goanna kills dog and bites elderly couple

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers,
The truth has a way of coming out sooner or later!
Unless the snake followed the scent trail of the water as it crawled down the street and into his pool...... oh nah that wouldn't be right.....snakes don't drink pool water;)
Think I'll leave it at that.

Your a classic horn blower. You don't know sand from clay when it comes to snakes,.... except your own redneck fear.
Go back to your Jack Russell forum and talk your tough guy crap over there, at least you'll get the recognition you crave. You got all upset being proven wrong, don't like that aye?Can't train a Jack Russel..... shows how much you know about your favourite dog.

Upset me?? You couldn't rattle my cage if you beat it with a lead pipe you small minded imbecile. If I put my daughters heart in your chest it would rattle you to death.

I'm posting info for people who want to learn about snakes, if you want to go to a personal level, fine, but if your going to post crap like this it's pretty disrespectful to everyone who actually comes on here to learn about snakes or appreciates them.

Too the newbies out there that read these posts - This guy and his ideas are nothing but fear based and detrimental with a total lack of true care or responsibility towards wildlife or his own dogs. These ignorant, uneducated, fearful people are out there, but hey this ain't Utopia.
Can't train a Jack Russel?? LMFAO More BS from you.. I was training them in Baghdad while you were still in your dad's bag. My dogs are working dogs not lap companions so you are way off... Why would I want a Jack Russell that does't go near a snake?? Makes a lot of sense. Might as well have a Chihuahua. You haven't proven me wrong at all... All you can say is "your dog will get bitten and die"... WRONG. How many Jacks have I lost to snake bite?? 0. I've seen 3 "little dogs" in the last 5 years bitten by browns... 2 foxies and 1 was a dachshund in Oakey and it was taken to a vet 3 hours after the bite when it started looking off, cost the bloke $900 and it was right as rain. The foxies were taken 45 mins and 1.5 hours after their bites and both survived. Looks like you think you know more than you do. And saying snakes aren't drawn in by water... LMFAO, You win the internet today for that ridiculous comment. FYI I could rattle you with a length of dental floss and my 7kg Jack Russell would have a bigger heart than your daughter, put it in her chest and she'll grow balls and be a more competent snake handler than you. I think you need to go and cure a little longer... Cement. LOL

Last edited:
if you were older then me your basic comprehension skills would be a lot better, and you would have found a remedy by now for your verbal diarrhoea. How old are you?
I could taunt you a lot more, its like shooting fish in a barrel getting a rise out of a bloke with little dog syndrome, but I've got more important things to do bicker with a sensitive young boy, who needs a pack of dogs for his protection and servitude. gee, I could have fun with that one alone, "yes master",

but its a family forum and out of respect for the site owner and moderators who have done a great job since the early days, Have a nice day.

if you were older then me your basic comprehension skills would be a lot better, and you would have found a remedy by now for your verbal diarrhoea. How old are you?
I could taunt you a lot more, its like shooting fish in a barrel getting a rise out of a bloke with little dog syndrome, but I've got more important things to do bicker with a sensitive young boy, who needs a pack of dogs for his protection and servitude. gee, I could have fun with that one alone, "yes master",

but its a family forum and out of respect for the site owner and moderators who have done a great job since the early days, Have a nice day.
Yeah yeah. Thanks for the laughs buddy, in future, perhaps think before taking unwarranted digs at people you don't know about things you know nothing about and don't bite off more than you can chew. Grab another teaspoon of yourself and harden up. Have a good one.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Oh hullo again snake killer.

Who needs to be hard to talk tough on a computer? This all started because you didn't like being called a proud little dog owner......pretty obvious that's not BS, look at the lengths you've taken to talk them up. I'll take digs at anyone who I try to extend the olive branch to by explaining the right way to deal with snakes. Only to have it thrown back in my face followed by a torrent of dribble.

I don't care about you or your dogs, I care about getting the right message out there to help conserve our NATIVE wildlife. You are a wildlife killer, a pussy, the worst kind of pussy actually, because you'll happily send a another animal in to do what everyone else on here knows is the wrong thing.
I know enough about dogs, to know their stupid blind loyalty to their "master" or "leader" or whatever you want to call it, can mean their death. I'm no stranger to living in the bush, and I know exactly how some folk see their dogs. I've been around longer then you but that doesn't make me a better person.

We can run a forum poll and see who thinks which of us is right. The snake killer or the snake relocator. Would you be up for this?
[doublepost=1574291367,1574291144][/doublepost]I'm up 8-2 on the post likes, pretty good odds in my favour.

Oh hullo again snake killer.

Who needs to be hard to talk tough on a computer? This all started because you didn't like being called a proud little dog owner......pretty obvious that's not BS, look at the lengths you've taken to talk them up. I'll take digs at anyone who I try to extend the olive branch to by explaining the right way to deal with snakes. Only to have it thrown back in my face followed by a torrent of dribble.

I don't care about you or your dogs, I care about getting the right message out there to help conserve our NATIVE wildlife. You are a wildlife killer, a pussy, the worst kind of pussy actually, because you'll happily send a another animal in to do what everyone else on here knows is the wrong thing.
I know enough about dogs, to know their stupid blind loyalty to their "master" or "leader" or whatever you want to call it, can mean their death. I'm no stranger to living in the bush, and I know exactly how some folk see their dogs. I've been around longer then you but that doesn't make me a better person.

We can run a forum poll and see who thinks which of us is right. The snake killer or the snake relocator. Would you be up for this?
[doublepost=1574291367,1574291144][/doublepost]I'm up 8-2 on the post likes, pretty good odds in my favour.
Oh hello again bestie.... Bla bla bla... snakes come into suburban back yards every day, seen half a dozen stories alone already of where domestic cats were killed and consumed by coastal carpets... what's your response to that?? Let me guess ... sh*t happens... well guess what buddy, that's right, sh*t does happen and the snakes don't always win and call me what you want, pussy, wow original... LMFAO... my back yard, my rules and the rule is no vens. I'll happily let the dogs tear every brown to pieces if it means my kids won't end up bitten by one while innocently playing in the back yard. You're acting like I'm taking the dogs bush to hunt snakes and have a big free for all... you sound like a half-baked effing idiot...in these encounters snakes die and pets can die... as long as no innocent children die.... such is life. Get over it. You don't care about me or my dogs.... Fantastic! I don't care equally about your whining, bitching and sooking.. sticks and stones eh. The Jack's are MY snake repellers that actually work.... not yours or anyone else's problem is it. So.... have at it. I live in the middle of the 2nd biggest inland city in Australia.... where should I relocate it to, over the fence so it can be my neighbour's problem and risk my own life doing so?? Lol thanks for the stupid advice, think I'll pass and I Couldn't care freaking less what you think. :)

If it makes you feel better, I did actually take the brown to the vet with my dog when he had his snake venom test... unfortunately there was nothing the vet could do to save him/her.

Wow 8-2 to you... I work with 700+ blokes that see it otherwise, except they use firearms on rural properties and feedlots not a dog so Nice try. I'm hardly going to discharge any of my firearms in the middle of suburbia.

Oh crap, I just squashed a redback spider that was under the BBQ on the patio.... come on lay it on me!!!!

Last edited:
Yap,yap,yap, suburban redneck wildlife killer. Don't try and preach to me about what happens in your stories you goose, I'm out there doing it for real A-hole. I know exactly how it works, I'm in the feild bagging them everyday and have been for 15 years.

YOUR TOTAL LACK OF EXPERIENCE in this feild is why you ARE a full baked redneck f-wit. I might sound like like one but you trump that by sounding and acting like one.

Hey, your furry little four footed friends are over there with their bondage harnesses in their mouths killer, it is the end of the week, time for you to give them all their loyalty tugg.

Your kids could get tagged wether the dogs are there or not, have you even bothered teaching them what to do? Probably not. If you don't like being ridiculed have some farkin respect, this is snake forum D-head. People here don't like "C you next Tuesdays" killing ANY snake, at ANY time, because theres NO F@#KING need to.

Let's do a poll on it you troll... see what the people who do know snakes say.

On the respect note (a word you don't know), plenty of dedicated people have, and do, put their lives on the line to actually learn about these animals. And they'll give freely the knowledge they have. They're not all relocators, some are scientist, biologist, venom extractors, zoo keepers, wildlife surveyors, demonstrators, hobbyists etc, so if you want to bang on about how great your dogs are at killing snakes do it on your pathetic fox terrier dog tugger web site, not here. Cause I do have respect for all these people, the time they put in, and the bites they have weathered. I'm friends with many and not one would be happy to hear of your pseudo macho bullS%$#.

Get over it?? Not likely ..... F%$# OFF clown!!

Waaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha... As expected you couldn't answer me, just more name-calling.

Triggered.

Gimme your number and I'll put you on speed dial for next time but you're gonna have to be here quick. ;)
20170618_165920.jpg

You're gonna keep this going how long?? Agree to disagree and leave it at that. I broke no laws, My family is priority #1 and you're basically taking ALL the time in the world now to dissect something that literally unfolded in 30 seconds - I literally stepped out my back door, barefoot in boardies right onto a brown snake that went ape-sh*t. So whatever, be my guest, as I said, I couldn't care less what you call or think of me - "wildlife killer" well thankfully the endangered wildlife I bring into the world every year more than makes up for the piddly amount I'm responsible for "killing" so I have no problems sleeping at night. Conscience is clear. FYI I'm not a member of ANY "dog forum/s" so you can keep banging that line 'til the cows come home.
If you don't like what you saw, do as all the others on here who may not have liked it and say NOTHING. No one started any sh*t until you came along all high and mighty. This happened like 6 weeks ago!

PS I've never disrespected the qualifications of any of the people in the fields you've mentioned above, I've NEVER once claimed to be an experienced snake handler, catcher/relocater so your insults are pointless as it's true so yeah kinda just supports my angle... YOU however are disrespecting MY right to act accordingly on MY own property (within the LAW might I add) and within MY own means and that is where this all started. YOU, no matter how excellent you are, do NOT get to preach to ME and lecture ME or ANYONE else for that matter that doesn't see eye to eye with you regardless of how you feel about that. It's that simple.

Last edited:
Talk about timing:
upload_2019-11-21_20-25-34.png

Was just scrolling through when I saw that one. I'm obviously not going to get into it, it was just a sad irony to read that when this topic is going on here at the moment.

Last edited:
Wow this thread has got some legs!

I'm sitting on the fence with this one.

The forum needs a bit of emotional banter like this from time to time.

tenor (3).gif

Been around many forums long enough to know both you guys have some cred in the reptile world but seriously shut the **** up with the personal digs on each other you have both taken it too far that’s why no one is on here anymore and agree to disagree in saying that nothing better than an old fashion aps argument

I know there are rednecks out there that disagree and I have had this argument here before but the facts are it is illegal to harm protected native animals including all snakes so to promote any behaviour including keeping "snake killing dogs" is not what we should be doing here, it is a bad example to the young people on this site.
I live on a property crawling with snakes and I happily coexist with them, my dogs leave them alone, my birds are in snake proof aviaries and I move any that are a problem as I did with one last night that was annoying my Yellowtail girl. My dogs are very good at protecting any visiting children without killing any snakes.

Hi Yellowtail...

I know there are rednecks out there that disagree and I have had this argument here before but the facts are it is illegal to harm protected native animals including all snakes so to promote any behaviour including keeping "snake killing dogs" is not what we should be doing here, it is a bad example to the young people on this site.

Given the nature of this thread so far I want to first start off with this is a humble and honest question - I mean no disrespect and am not promoting one or the other side in this - I only post this question to find out actual facts:

It was my understanding that some states have an exemption to the law for snakes within a certain distance of an occupied property. Is this no longer the case?

It was also my understanding that there were exemptions for life threatening situations (such as standing on one)? (Honest question - I'm not promoting nor discouraging nor looking for a debate as to what is considered life threatening or what options are available - just looking for clarification on legal facts).

Finally - I was of the understanding that intentionally killing one (outside of the exemptions if there are any) is illegal - but having a cat or dog kill one is not illegal. Think of (shudder) cats killing native wildlife in people's own backyards. If this was not the case - I would image almost every cat owner could be charged quite considerably for their cats damage, let alone a dog who kills a snake.

Again - to clarify - I an neither promoting nor discouraging - just trying to find clarification of what is illegal and what is not for the above situations.

Last edited:
It is absolutely illegal to go out into the wild to seek out and recklessly and senslessly kill any snakes or reptiles, it is however NOT illegal to dispatch any dangerous snake which poses a direct threat on private property, whether you destroy it personally yourself or have a pet do it. That is the facts. And what constitutes a "direct threat" varies greatly across the board and is not subject to scrutiny by any formal criteria.

Last edited:
Snakes do not attach humans, they only bite as a defensive reaction. Accidentally stepping on a snake is no excuse to kill it and humans should be smart enough and educate their children to take care where you step especially when moving bins etc. Probably the only unavoidable situation is stepping on death adders in the bush but that is a rare occurrence and care should be exercised when stepping over logs etc where snakes may be basking.
Killing a snake because it is near your property is a bit like shooting an intruder because you feel threatened and the latter is probably more justified.
This is a forum for snake lovers and to encourage any behaviour that harms snakes is a bad example.
Keeping any pets that harm any wild life is to be discouraged, why would you want a cat or dog that kills native animals?

We can do this all day Ken, just agree to disagree. A snake killing dog is a far better option than a suburban yard potentially crawling with dog and child killing snakes. Through no fault of the snakes or kids, contact would be inevitable and the consequences dire. That's a risk as a parent I'm not prepared to take. As mentioned previously, It's not at all illegal to dispatch any snake deemed as a threat on private property. What constitutes a threat varies drastically depending on any given person's knowledge, experience And living arrangements all of which between yourself, myself and person's X,Y & Z are very different. No disrespect to yourself or anyone else, Those are just the facts of life.

Last edited:
Snakes do not attach humans, they only bite as a defensive reaction. Accidentally stepping on a snake is no excuse to kill it and humans should be smart enough and educate their children to take care where you step especially when moving bins etc. Probably the only unavoidable situation is stepping on death adders in the bush but that is a rare occurrence and care should be exercised when stepping over logs etc where snakes may be basking.
Killing a snake because it is near your property is a bit like shooting an intruder because you feel threatened and the latter is probably more justified.
This is a forum for snake lovers and to encourage any behaviour that harms snakes is a bad example.
Keeping any pets that harm any wild life is to be discouraged, why would you want a cat or dog that kills native animals?

Hi Yellowtail,

My apologies - I get the feeling you took my question as argumentative - but that wasn't my intention at all. I completely understand all you have mentioned above, but my question was just seeking more information on your statement about it being illegal, nothing else.

As to your question why would anyone want to have a cat that kills native animals - I don't know. I'm baffled as well - I'm personally not a fan of cats, but I was trying to keep my own personal bias out of the questions and keep my question above was from a neutral point of view.

Because - while I'm not a cat lover - I know that there are hundreds of thousands, if not more Australians are and have cats - and the majority that are let outside (of which there are many) do kill native wildlife, from birds to lizards, to snakes. Your statement raised something I thought I understood wrong (the law) that may impact them and I was chasing clarification if I was wrong about it, that is all.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Cheers

Adam

Waaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha... As expected you couldn't answer me, just more name-calling.

Triggered.

Gimme your number and I'll put you on speed dial for next time but you're gonna have to be here quick. ;)
View attachment 328054

You're gonna keep this going how long?? Agree to disagree and leave it at that. I broke no laws, My family is priority #1 and you're basically taking ALL the time in the world now to dissect something that literally unfolded in 30 seconds - I literally stepped out my back door, barefoot in boardies right onto a brown snake that went ape-sh*t. So whatever, be my guest, as I said, I couldn't care less what you call or think of me - "wildlife killer" well thankfully the endangered wildlife I bring into the world every year more than makes up for the piddly amount I'm responsible for "killing" so I have no problems sleeping at night. Conscience is clear. FYI I'm not a member of ANY "dog forum/s" so you can keep banging that line 'til the cows come home.
If you don't like what you saw, do as all the others on here who may not have liked it and say NOTHING. No one started any sh*t until you came along all high and mighty. This happened like 6 weeks ago!

PS I've never disrespected the qualifications of any of the people in the fields you've mentioned above, I've NEVER once claimed to be an experienced snake handler, catcher/relocater so your insults are pointless as it's true so yeah kinda just supports my angle... YOU however are disrespecting MY right to act accordingly on MY own property (within the LAW might I add) and within MY own means and that is where this all started. YOU, no matter how excellent you are, do NOT get to preach to ME and lecture ME or ANYONE else for that matter that doesn't see eye to eye with you regardless of how you feel about that. It's that simple.

Yeah thats rich coming from you,
Like I mentioned earlier you do have some major comprehension issues. This started (not that care now, all you gotta do is read the first few posts between us ) and its pretty solid who fired the first shot. I'll answer any question you want, make a list.

Wildlife authorities don't prosecute anyone for killing snakes wether its accidental, on purpose or whatever, any law regarding this has probably never been used, except in the odd case where its blatantly obviously done in front of someone who could do something about it. It's a paper tiger.

POLL - WHAT IS THE BEST AND SAFEST WAY TO DEAL WITH A BROWN SNAKE IN YOUR BACKYARD?
A) Lock up your dogs, keep an eye on it, alert people and call a relocator.
or
B) Sic your dogs onto it.

Obviously as I've been told, I know nothing about them or their behaviour so now even after 15 years of bagging them, and the adamant , rude know it all attitude of the wildlife killer, I am forced to seriously consider my viewpoints on these animals. I also am forced to reconsider my viewpoint on what I said about snakes and dogs, as it has been so adamantly thrown back in my face, not with any real evidence other then hearsay mind you, that a small dog will survive a venom rich bite from an eastern brown. So all the cases I have been personally involved with obviously now are null and void. Thank you Blighty for putting up the recent case, It is as I said earlier, "they quite often kill each other".
Its not a rare occurrence , like I said here on the coast we lose anywhere from 6-12 a year, but what would I know?

The problem with your way of dealing with it, and making these claims on an open snake forum is that others might get the idea that its the best way,..... plenty of young impressionable people come on here to learn this EXACT THING. How many come on here who want to learn what's best but don't sign up???

Anyone worth their salt that actually knows these animals has spent the time dealing with them, to work this out. We do it to save lives, pets and people. So lets put it out there in a poll and see what the people think.

Wether you keep killing snakes (well, hang on it's not you personally doing it is it?) or not, I don't care. Your super dogs will always be 100% on the ball, fit as f%$# and ready for action on the ODD occasion you get one come in, so no worries there. They probably don't age either, or suffer any ailments that might affect their performance when you so bravely send them in. The odd dead EB isn't the end of the world.

Ill make it fun too, if it turns out that your way is best,
I'll hang up my bag, I will make my last post on this forum ever, a solemn heartfelt apology to you. Any public snake calls or goanna calls I get from then on I will refer to your way of dealing with it and I'll even give them your number so they can buy their dogs from you if your the breeder, or off your breeder.

If your way isn't (in the general forum public view ) the best way, then all I ask is that I get to pick your username for the next 12 months, and you never give advice on snakes again. Keep to your turtles.

You've dodged this twice...................

No new memberships here are counted though, its only who is a member here now at this day at this time.

So no more name calling, no more BS or made up stories.

I like your new signature, I'm a viking descendant and have the dupredons to prove it, are you?

Last edited:
Go your way I'll go mine. I was called a lot of things by you and that's great, bottom line is I'm in the field every week of every month of the year, trapping Indian mynas - 162 this year alone, feral cats and my dogs are taking down foxes, pigs and wild dogs every month and when that front gets quiet we switch to rabbits and hares, want pics, I'll post them. So since my "super dog" killed 1 brown snake 6 weeks ago, he's since taken down 5 adult foxes, 3 fox pups And 3 feral cats. I daresay he and I do as much if not more for wildlife conservation than anyone who's commented on this thread. How many native animals do cats and foxes take every night?? Again, our positive footprint is far greater than our negative one regarding native wildlife. :) So whilst I've fielded your misguided insults of being a suburban redneck wildlife killer, they're simply meaningless and hold no merit whatsoever. I actually like snakes and keep a few pythons myself. :)

Please refer back to post #37... simply calling a snake catcher is not always an option... it makes perfect sense if a snake was encountered in the shed, one could simply back out, shut the door, take all the merry time in the world call someone to come remove it, happy days. When there's kids being kids in a suburban back yard playing ball, crashing through the garden beds etc there's a HIGH risk of them being bitten totally unawares and not even realising. You're not gettimg my point, this isn't about calmly finding a snake in the yard and safely removing it, this is I don't want an EB in.the yard period. The only way for me to ensure the kid's safety is to lock them inside 24/7 or have the dogs do what they do best and keep the yard free of potentially hazardous wildlife. If you can't see that then we'll never settle this. I'm not having my kids terrified to go outdoors cos there's possibly a snake hiding in the bushes that could bite them if they stepped on it or put their hand on it while retrieving a ball etc. We're not in the bush we're in the middle of suburbia, I'm pretty amazed we even had an EB all the way in here... the snakes can have the rest of the damn country, this is my small piece of ground and it's declared snake free. If the situation panned out differently like the brown was encountered in the shed, there's no way the dog would have been put on it, but that wasn't the case, I literally stepped on it. The rest is history and I'd do the exact same thing again.

You know very well I'm a gambling man, I let one of my most prized animals take on one of Australia's deadliest snakes... I know when the odds are in my favour and when they're not so no I will not be rolling the dice and partaking in your loaded poll in which the terms you've stipulated ensure that all of your buddies get a vote and none of mine do. ;) I wasn't born yesterday. Thankfully I don't need to worry about or concern myself with your opinion or anyone else's on here, I simply have to do what's best for me and my girls. :)

As for your final question, I believe you're talking about Dupuytren's....?? Yes I'm a direct Viking descendant, my family lineage goes back to Scandinavia as does Dragonlover's - (we've discussed that topic previously.) If you're mocking me or being skeptical, then whatever it doesn't bother me either way. If you were being genuine, I apologise for my tone but given the nature of this thread thus far, I would be forgiven for assuming you were being passive aggressive.

Have a great weekend, I hope you don't get too many call outs regarding snakes. (That is sincere.)
No more name calling and there's been no made up stories. My life's exciting enough without having to unnecessarily trigger you lot.

Take care.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back