Home made hide (school holiday project)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pythonguy1

Reaction score
After shopping for hides at a few pet stores, I decided to make my own using air-dry clay. Hope you can find this useful.....

Step 1. Gather equipment - 1 pack air dry clay (I sourced from the cheap shop for $2.99 a pack), disposable lunch container (cheap shop also), permanent marker, scissors, rolling pin, tracing/baking paper

Step 2. Mark hide entrance on paper container

Step 3. Place clay between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out to sufficient size

Step 4. Lay rolled sheet of clay inside cut out paper hide and trim edges and put aside to dry

Wallah ...
My BHP loves his new hide!

Can't see any of the pics. I've been thinking about doing something similar. How long did it take to dry and did you water proof it?

I just use pvc caps or cat litter trays :p
I use cardboard shoe boxes, or any small box for that matter, in the end its really only aesthetic for our eye. My pythons dont give a crap what it looks like, as long as its secure for them. One of my womas moves the box all over the place. Like a damn caravan.

Not taking away anything from your project, i think its great your getting hands on, as i used to. I just happened to use a box one day as my Pythons got bigger and i didnt wanna fork out $70 for a hide that looks good.!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back