Stimsons python tub setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashleigh Lowry

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I was just wondering if tapeing a heat mat to the underside of a plastic tub is safe? I have only ever used glass enclosures so the tubs are very new to me and I am planning on getting a stimsons later this year that I would like to use a tub setup for. Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure why you would want to and it would be a hassle, but if you're talking about taping a heat mat to the outside of the bottom of a tub it should be safe. That'll make it difficult to move or clean, and it would seem to make more sense to simply place to tub on top of the heat mat and let gravity keep it there. The tub sits on the heat mat and that has to sit somewhere anyway.

I'm not sure why you would want to and it would be a hassle, but if you're talking about taping a heat mat to the outside of the bottom of a tub it should be safe. That'll make it difficult to move or clean, and it would seem to make more sense to simply place to tub on top of the heat mat and let gravity keep it there. The tub sits on the heat mat and that has to sit somewhere anyway.
The main reason being that the tub has wheels so is raised and wouldn't be in contact with the heatmat itself, thankyou for the reply! It was helpful

The main reason being that the tub has wheels so is raised and wouldn't be in contact with the heatmat itself, thankyou for the reply! It was helpful
take the wheels off or get a flat sitting tub :) sdaji advice is best to just sit it on top, otherwise everytime u have to clean the tub or move it, you're gonna have to take the mat with you! the sticky side on heat mats is no joke haha

take the wheels off or get a flat sitting tub :) sdaji advice is best to just sit it on top, otherwise everytime u have to clean the tub or move it, you're gonna have to take the mat with you! the sticky side on heat mats is no joke haha
I'll definitely consider that, thanks so much!

If the heat mat has an air gap beneath it, you won't have much thermal stability, and you also run the risk of the tape adhesive failing and the mat falling off.

It's probably a possible setup to run but won't work as well as other options and will definitely have extra hassles. I'd definitely get a different tub and go for a more conventional setup; a few dollars for a more appropriate tub is going to save a pile of hassle and in the long run probably money too.

Latest posts

Back