Shedding Shingleback

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PcPaul

Reaction score
Hi,I picked up a pair of Shinglebacks 3-4 weeks ago.The male was shedding at the time and is still shedding ,he has not eaten and is generally lethargic compared to the female.The female has just shed which took 3 days and never stopped eating (I think she is pregnant aswell).
(They are in a 4x2x2 Reptile one enclosure with a basking area and hides)
Thanks for any advice

Hi,I picked up a pair of Shinglebacks 3-4 weeks ago.The male was shedding at the time and is still shedding ,he has not eaten and is generally lethargic compared to the female.The female has just shed which took 3 days and never stopped eating (I think she is pregnant aswell).
(They are in a 4x2x2 Reptile one enclosure with a basking area and hides)
Thanks for any advice
was he in shed during the transportation?

Give him a varm bath and help him get all old skin of, remember feet and toes very important

_20200210_163617.JPG

Yes ears nose forehead also inportant just keep splashing water on top of head and rub gently

Got all skin off ,been a week and he still wont eat.The female shed in Resized_20200215_113058.jpeg Resized_20200215_113123.jpeg 2 days and never stopped eating,i am concerned with his belly (see photo) and one eye needed cleaning but both dont look as healthy as the female.

Get some of Repashy's crested gecko diet, buy in petshop or order online, that is what I start babies on till then try wet catfood or pinkies(baby mice)
Does he drink? If not make sure to give him water. About the belly, keep an eye on it and if it gets worse go see a vet

i had a lethargic beardie, i started to feed him URS lizard pellets (mushed up into a thick liquid) and that appeared to “energize” him. My eastern blue tongue primarily eats pellets, but has veggies and live food. I recommend reptile specific foods because they are formulated with reptile diets in mind, rather than dog/cat food that can often (not always) have an unbalanced amount of vitamins/minerals for reptile consumption. Dont forget to add some variety in diet.

Back