Need an I D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adictv

Reaction score
Just wanting people's opinion
25a8c790a781432b6ead010485b29347.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

im no expert but looks like likes a pygmy too me, kind of hard to tell with this pic

ok definitely a lot bigger than it looked in first picture -- def not a pygmy ( i thought the first pic was majority of the snakes body length)

It looks like a hybrid, possibly a Spotted. It's certainly at least part Spotted.

I have asked the person I purchased it off and the scientific naming is childreni but yes could be a bit of a mix

I have asked the person I purchased it off and the scientific naming is childreni but yes could be a bit of a mix

It's definitely not a Children's Python. It may be a Children's x Spotted hybrid.

Now my problem is selling it as I shouldn't breed it

It'll still make a fine pet. These days there's not much point breeding Antaresia of unknown origin unless they look particularly fancy in some way. That's an okay enough looking animal but babies from it would be difficult to sell because it's just a generic looking Ant. A small number of people are into llocalities most people want morphs, some want particularly nice looking high contrast animals etc. If you don't want it you should be able to find a decent pet home for it.

Latest posts

Back