Gipsland water dragon breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott567

Reaction score
Hi

Does anybody on here breed gipsland water dragons on here ?

I imagine there would be some great looking lizards out there with high amounts of colour. Drop a picture if you like would love to see what's out there.

I would also like to own one someday in the near future.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Do you live in Australia? If so they’re extremely cheap and easy to find, I found mine from a reptile zoo breeder in Canberra for $120 AUD, only because they’re native to Australia, very hard to find breeders in other countries.

Do you live in Australia? If so they’re extremely cheap and easy to find, I found mine from a reptile zoo breeder in Canberra for $120 AUD, only because they’re native to Australia, very hard to find breeders in other countries.
Yeah mate

I'm in qld andon the look out. Probs the wrong time of year though :/ Haha

Just wanting to see is anyone is breeding for higher colour animals. You see alot of crazy colour phases in bearded dragon but not in any of our water dragons.

Yeah mate

I'm in qld andon the look out. Probs the wrong time of year though :/ Haha

Just wanting to see is anyone is breeding for higher colour animals. You see alot of crazy colour phases in bearded dragon but not in any of our water dragons.

Yeah man they aren’t really bred specifically for their colours so looking for different colour genes is gonna be hard especially cause gippies are really only found in one area meaning colour adaptations & pigments wouldn’t be likely (unlike the bearded dragon), although it would be cool for someone to breed them with the eastern water dragon..
Edit: yeah it’s hibernation time aswell so I’d wait a few months, also hit up local reptile stores or zoos, they tend to breed them so it wouldn’t be unlikely to find a few at those places

Yeah man they aren’t really bred specifically for their colours so looking for different colour genes is gonna be hard especially cause gippies are really only found in one area meaning colour adaptations & pigments wouldn’t be likely (unlike the bearded dragon), although it would be cool for someone to breed them with the eastern water dragon..
Edit: yeah it’s hibernation time aswell so I’d wait a few months, also hit up local reptile stores or zoos, they tend to breed them so it wouldn’t be unlikely to find a few at those places
Ok thanks for the heads up mate. I will have a look around on the other side of winter

Ok thanks for the heads up mate. I will have a look around on the other side of winter

All good mate, hope you find what you’re looking for. Keep looking on here tho maybe their is someone selling bright coloured gippies :)

Latest posts

Back