Buying children/Stimson python hatchling in Victoria

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashleeighkatee

Reaction score
Hi there,

my partner and I are new to snake keeping and want to know more about the availability of Children’s/ Stimson pythons throughout the year, how to find breeders (in victoria predominantly) and pricing. Any info would be helpful :)

Thanks !

Hi there,

my partner and I are new to snake keeping and want to know more about the availability of Children’s/ Stimson pythons throughout the year, how to find breeders (in victoria predominantly) and pricing. Any info would be helpful :)

Thanks !
You'll find them most places, even your local pet barn should usually sell them. Im from the gold coast and i swear to good everyone either has one or is selling one (children's/Stimson python, with breeding im not going to answer because i dont really know. But starting on a hatchling would suit as you can watch them grow and get to know them. Also doesnt cost much to set up a little enclosure for them.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

You'll find them most places, even your local pet barn should usually sell them. Im from the gold coast and i swear to good everyone either has one or is selling one (children's/Stimson python, with breeding im not going to answer because i dont really know. But starting on a hatchling would suit as you can watch them grow and get to know them. Also doesnt cost much to set up a little enclosure for them.

hey there!

we’re actually finding it very difficult to find places! I actually used to work at petbarn (and other large chains) and in victoria it’s very difficult to find reptiles at pet stores. The ones we have found are 5 times the cost of ones online but they are all scarce. Has it got to do with breeding seasons ?
Thanks

hey there!

we’re actually finding it very difficult to find places! I actually used to work at petbarn (and other large chains) and in victoria it’s very difficult to find reptiles at pet stores. The ones we have found are 5 times the cost of ones online but they are all scarce. Has it got to do with breeding seasons ?
Thanks
How much are they exactly? Just down the road from me there like about 4-5 childrens for like $240.. i suppose everywhere must be abit different on the prices ay

How much are they exactly? Just down the road from me there like about 4-5 childrens for like $240.. i suppose everywhere must be abit different on the prices ay

we’re after T+, and the one store we’ve found is selling them for $800. Ads online (all sold now) are about half that at most

If you have a look on facebook you can usually find reptile groups for the state. The NSW one has several thousand people in there and there are always posts from breeders. They are a really handy information resource as well.

we’re after T+, and the one store we’ve found is selling them for $800. Ads online (all sold now) are about half that at most
Yea thats abit pricey aye lol hit up that Facebook page ol mate is talking about. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back