Ground heat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derekw

Reaction score
Just wondering how many keepers run carpet pythons on ground heat only?

I have been running my jungle on ground heat only for almost 12 months and the big thing i have noticed is he wont really come out and explore the enclosure. Given this time of year i should expect he will anyway so im going to try using the light that the enclosure has. I have only just realised he has been on 24hr heat so there is really no need for him to come out and climb around. My other two adult snakes are out all the time but this little does things different so im wondering if its something i am doing wrong. Its very possible he just waits until we go to bed to come out and explore as he is in the living room.

I only use heat mats and have snakes that are always active of a night and others that hardly move at all, day or night.
I would say it is more the individual animal than anything but check the temps to make sure the heat is the right temp for him and if it is, then it's likely he is just a minimally active animal.
I am no expert and other's may disagree. Hopefully some of the other longer term members can provide some further insight?

I only use heat mats and have snakes that are always active of a night and others that hardly move at all, day or night.
I would say it is more the individual animal than anything but check the temps to make sure the heat is the right temp for him and if it is, then it's likely he is just a minimally active animal.
I am no expert and other's may disagree. Hopefully some of the other longer term members can provide some further insight?
He has been eating and i pretty happy as far as i can tell. Do you provide any heating over night?
I have just wound his night heating right down as i had it on 32 the whole time. He is old enough now to be able to cope i think.

I have plenty in racks with only heat cord and redesinging all my enclosures to run on routed heat cord with a tile on top. Far cheaper and safer to run imo . Great heat source as it doesnt heat entire enclosure.

I have plenty in racks with only heat cord and redesinging all my enclosures to run on routed heat cord with a tile on top. Far cheaper and safer to run imo . Great heat source as it doesnt heat entire enclosure.
Sounds like im just changing things up for no good reason then lol.

Back