Mt Isa/dajarra carpet python breeders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found a breeder but none of the photos of the animals have the white/red/yellow colouring as the ones that Kel Worley had.
They have the same colouring as a MD.

If i can find the photos I have When i was last in MT isa i went herping and found three of them they are stunning animals thats for sure

I have found a breeder but none of the photos of the animals have the white/red/yellow colouring as the ones that Kel Worley had.
bummer, do you think they were edited pics? or just a different "line"?

Mt Isa/Djarra Carpets *are* Murray Darling Carpets.

If i can find the photos I have When i was last in MT isa i went herping and found three of them they are stunning animals thats for sure
It would be interesting to see if the photos of the captive individuals were a good representative of the wild animals you saw. Did the wild animals have the white/red/yellow like the Kel Worley captive animals, or did they have more MD colouring?
[doublepost=1590371333,1590370701][/doublepost]
bummer, do you think they were edited pics? or just a different "line"?
I don't think the photos were edited, they were probably just exceptional examples of a locality. If Shagger can find the photos of the wild animals we will have a better idea if the Kel Worley captives were a good representation, or exceptional examples. I hope that the wild population has the white/red/yellow and the captive, MD coloured, animals I saw are the exception.

It would be interesting to see if the photos of the captive individuals were a good representative of the wild animals you saw. Did the wild animals have the white/red/yellow like the Kel Worley captive animals, or did they have more MD colouring?
[doublepost=1590371333,1590370701][/doublepost]
Two of the indivuals had a more MD colouring to them but the third was closer to what Kel Worley had im still going through my hard drives looking for said photos its taken a while theres 23 drives to go through
[doublepost=1590534622][/doublepost]@nick_75 ive managed to locate a photo of Kel Worleys animals and after located a saved file (Not my photo) of what i think is a MT isa Dajarra locality (im still looking for those elusive shots) as you can see this particular animal is more MD Colouring compared to Kel Worleys animal below
MT ISA MD Carpet python.jpg KW MTISA DAJARRA CARPET.jpg

Kelly Nowak at Hawkesbury reptiles breeds Dajarra locale MDs originating from Kel Worley’s line.
Colours vary but form what I’ve seen pretty typical of northern MDs with browns and rusty reds in the mix. Their most noticeable characteristic is that they don’t grow very big compared to most Murray’s , seemingly maxing out at around 1.2m or so.

Kelly Nowak at Hawkesbury reptiles breeds Dajarra locale MDs originating from Kel Worley’s line.
Colours vary but form what I’ve seen pretty typical of northern MDs with browns and rusty reds in the mix. Their most noticeable characteristic is that they don’t grow very big compared to most Murray’s , seemingly maxing out at around 1.2m or so.

I’ve seen photos of Kelly’s latest ones and I‘m led to believe they all descended from an original Djarra male that she managed to come by some years ago. They’re all the typical Darling colouration with an emphasis on the red side.

My guess is that the Worley snakes that were in his pics, were the result of his successfully breeding the white and yellow into them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back