How old does my snake look?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codie

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I recently bought a tanami woma python hatchling and I forgot to ask how old the snake actually was. I know the age can be hard to tell from size but I have been feeding him smaller fuzzy rats once a week and he is around 60cm long and 84g

IMG_20200611_155329_007.jpg

IMG_20200611_155327_154.jpg

Last edited:
Easiest way to tell its age is to lift up its tail and look up its date.

And once again - another reason why I no longer drink whilst browsing this forum! ROFLMAO.

@Codie - he's joking. "Date" is dual meaning - one for rear end, and the other for date on a calendar. He's just using a pun as a joke.

I am interested in how you purchased it though. Did you get a license number of the seller? I'm not sure about your state but here in Vic I believe we need to have the names and contact details of the seller when we acquire herps.

And BTW - beautiful looking snake you have there!

You’re wrong! Looks 9mths

Exactly nine months is about 8 months.

It's around that age.

Oh, sorry, this thread has turned into a 'bash the new keeper' thing. I'll get up to speed...

Codie! How dare you? I'm so angry that when I read your post and realised you'd forgotten to ask the seller for the age of the snake I had to take out my fury by verbally abusing my goldfish while vandalising my own toaster.

Exactly nine months is about 8 months.

It's around that age.

Oh, sorry, this thread has turned into a 'bash the new keeper' thing. I'll get up to speed...

Codie! How dare you? I'm so angry that when I read your post and realised you'd forgotten to ask the seller for the age of the snake I had to take out my fury by verbally abusing my goldfish while vandalising my own toaster.
Hahah

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Back