HEAT MAT NOT HOT ENOUGH??)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serpentsalem

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, the other day I got a Bredli hatching and a terrarium set up, it came with a heat mat and thermometer. (the heat mat has a thermostat built inside it). However I don’t think it’s getting hot enough.. it’s only going up to about 29degress during the day.... any help?

thank you

Hey guys, the other day I got a Bredli hatching and a terrarium set up, it came with a heat mat and thermometer. (the heat mat has a thermostat built inside it). However I don’t think it’s getting hot enough.. it’s only going up to about 29degress during the day.... any help?

thank you
How many watts is the heat mat?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

It’s 7WATT I’m pretty sure xx
The thermostats in them cuts off if it gets around 50degress which is way to hot for snakes anyways , if u get an actual thermostat and connect it to the heat mat it controls ot more.. which you'll need anyway..
Maybe get a 16 watt

So pretty much the thermostat in the heat matt doesn't really control the temp its more of a safety thing

Last edited by a moderator:
The thermostats in them cuts off if it gets around 50degress which is way to hot for snakes anyways , if u get an actual thermostat and connect it to the heat mat it controls ot more.. which you'll need anyway..
Maybe get a 16 watt

Thank you so much!!
I’ll buy a thermostat :)

That sounds about right for a heat mat that size , you can get bigger higher wattage mats or a heat cord , what are you using for substrate ?

Latest posts

Back