Albino darwin in the sun

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarzanthesnakeman

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how long should i keep an albino in the sun?

I recently got my hands on an albino and am wondering how sensitive the skin can be to natural uv lights. All the info would be helpfull.

Just wondering how long should i keep an albino in the sun?

I recently got my hands on an albino and am wondering how sensitive the skin can be to natural uv lights. All the info would be helpfull.
10, 15 min i do

My mate will have his outside whilst we having drinks on the couch for ages in the sun lol i personally wouldn't do it with my dawrin, but hey each to there own .

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently got my hands on an albino and am wondering how sensitive the skin can be to natural uv lights. All the info would be helpfull.[/QUOTE]

Does your Darwin have pink eyes or normal colour

Does your Darwin have pink eyes or normal colour[/QUOTE]Normal i think. She keeps her head in the shade and body in the sun when i take her out..
There albino so to much sun wouldn't be good.. well that's what ive always known in my head with albino's. I wouldn't say there skin would be crazy sensitive to it but i defenitly would choose what type of day you take him out..
Maybe morning sun as its not as strong.

Ill be home soon amd ill let you know what colour her eyes are..
Send us a pic of yours mate?

I'v often wondered about this topic, and while were on the subject, should I take out my carpet python out to bask? If so how long for? Oh, by the way, he's a possible het for caramel albino, so he's not an actual albino.

They don't need any UV. The answer to 'How long should I keep it in the sun?' is zero. The answer to 'How long can I?' is a bit more tricky, but it's probably not too much of a worry for a few minutes.

Yours isn't an albino so it's probably safe enough to leave it in sunlight for hours as long as it's not overheating.

They don't need any UV. The answer to 'How long should I keep it in the sun?' is zero. The answer to 'How long can I?' is a bit more tricky, but it's probably not too much of a worry for a few minutes.

Yours isn't an albino so it's probably safe enough to leave it in sunlight for hours as long as it's not overheating.

Mines a 77% het Albino could have caramel in it but not shore I just know it's not 100% albino she hasn't got pink eyes
[doublepost=1594011103,1594010976][/doublepost]I'm hoping when I breed her with another albino the baby's will come out 50% true pink eyes and the others come out like her I don't know if this is true but I'm going to find out next year
[doublepost=1594011214][/doublepost]
I'v often wondered about this topic, and while were on the subject, should I take out my carpet python out to bask? If so how long for? Oh, by the way, he's a possible het for caramel albino, so he's not an actual albino.

I never take any of my snake out side for long there reptile room has a big window that's north west facing and I think that's enough sun they don't need any more
[doublepost=1594011276][/doublepost]My lizards have out door cages for most of the year but they all live inside in winter

Mines a 77% het Albino could have caramel in it but not shore I just know it's not 100% albino she hasn't got pink eyes

*sigh*

I greatly doubt she's a 77% het; that's extraordinarily difficult to make, and I guarantee no one has ever kept track of albino Carpets well enough to make one.

In terms of genotype, percentage het means something, but in terms of UV, phenotype is all that matters, and yours is phenotypically 0% albino, 100% non albino.

I'm hoping when I breed her with another albino the baby's will come out 50% true pink eyes and the others come out like her I don't know if this is true but I'm going to find out next year

She'll either prove out as het or not, but she is phenotypically not albino, the same as every wild Carpet Python you will ever see.

I never take any of my snake out side for long there reptile room has a big window that's north west facing and I think that's enough sun they don't need any more

Zero UV is sufficient, they literally need zero. But, glass blocks it anyway.

I still take mine out in the sun at least once a day for 5-10min not for uv, just abit of natural heat and i like watching the colours pop outside in the light

All I know is what I brought her as and that's what I got told from the breeder so if u think otherwise I will only find out when I breed her

She's almost see throw on the under side

All I know is what I brought her as and that's what I got told from the breeder so if u think otherwise I will only find out when I breed her

She's almost see throw on the under side
I’d be worried about the person you got her from, never seen or heard of a 77% het, just like I’ve never heard of a Het with pink eyes. You can’t have a het and visual albinism traits (maybe in a paradox 1/10000 but those aren’t genetic) caramel is not the same as morphs like albino, If she doesn’t have it at all and you breed to a proper caramel, you won’t get hets caramel, some will be showing as caramel and will produce caramels. , some won’t, and won’t produce caramels when bred.

I think you’ve been taken for a ride by the breeder mate

Edit: after seeing the photo she does look caramel, but a full body pic will be better

Maybe if you take a picture we could tel you if she has caramel in her
[doublepost=1594013043,1594012909][/doublepost]
I still take mine out in the sun at least once a day for 5-10min not for uv, just abit of natural heat and i like watching the colours pop outside in the light

I’ll take mine out for photos for this reason! I’ll always say this, their colours never look the same in different lighting, but sunlight makes them look their best

I’d be worried about the person you got her from, never seen or heard of a 77% het, just like I’ve never heard of a Het with pink eyes. You can’t have a het and visual albinism traits (maybe in a paradox 1/10000 but those aren’t genetic) caramel is not the same as morphs like albino, If she doesn’t have it at all and you breed to a proper caramel, you won’t get hets caramel, some will be showing as caramel and will produce caramels. , some won’t, and won’t produce caramels when bred.

Think he put a picture up mate

Sorry I meant a proper photo
Lol ok glad we sorted that out

Edit: after seeing the photo she does look caramel, but a full body pic will be better

[doublepost=1594013043,1594012909][/doublepost] I’ll take mine out for photos for this reason! I’ll always say this, their colours never look the same in different lighting, but sunlight makes them look their best
Yea for sure mate! Love how much her colours pop out more in the sunlight

Latest posts

Back