Upgrade

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all, the time has come for an upgrade of the forum platform as the version of Xenforo I use is no longer supported. The site will be intermittently unavailable while I perform the upgrade over the next 24 hours.

Yes things will change, no theres no need to lose your **** because things have changed.

In the wise words of Spock when he discovered gravity, "There are only 2 constants in life, Death and Change"

Good job man.

Let's keep any feedback related to the upgrade in this thread.

WOW this is a big change, it'll take a while for this fossil to digest it all.
One question? has the need to shrink pics gone with the old format? Because that was a pain.

WOW this is a big change, it'll take a while for this fossil to digest it all.
One question? has the need to shrink pics gone with the old format? Because that was a pain.
Still working on that. The problem is an average phone pic can be like 5MB at the minimum now. If everyone was uploading 5MB pics storage would blow out in no time, but yeah, still hashing it out behind the scenes.

Love the new upgrade. Looks pretty cool. Love all the new emoji's too ? so many to choose from.

Some feedback on the changes (I'm sure you're still playing around with settings). Most of the changes are great, but just addressing a couple of issues, the first colour scheme was okay, the current one looks like puke with that shade of green and makes the site look sort of faded, dull and toxic in a bad way. The way the lowest entries on the scroll list (such as in the new or recent post lists) swipe away when they come to the bottom when scrolling is very misleading as it makes it seem there is no more content rather than the normal way lists scroll down, showing part of the lowest item.

It's always good to have a 'new posts' option prominent on the front page (and every other page), that wasn't there earlier on one of the main screens but it has been added which is great. Another good one to have on the main screen is 'recent posts', which currently is either not obvious or can only be accessed by marking everything as read then clicking new posts then being given the option to view all recent posts because there are no new posts.

It must be a lot of work doing these upgrades, well done chugging along at it, your efforts are no doubt appreciated by many!

Some feedback on the changes (I'm sure you're still playing around with settings). Most of the changes are great, but just addressing a couple of issues, the first colour scheme was okay, the current one looks like puke with that shade of green and makes the site look sort of faded, dull and toxic in a bad way. The way the lowest entries on the scroll list (such as in the new or recent post lists) swipe away when they come to the bottom when scrolling is very misleading as it makes it seem there is no more content rather than the normal way lists scroll down, showing part of the lowest item.

Agreed on the default shade of green, and I've already noted it to Stu. I wasn't aware of the posts swiping away until you mentioned it and I had to go and see for myself. Definitely something we can look into.

It's always good to have a 'new posts' option prominent on the front page (and every other page), that wasn't there earlier on one of the main screens but it has been added which is great. Another good one to have on the main screen is 'recent posts', which currently is either not obvious or can only be accessed by marking everything as read then clicking new posts then being given the option to view all recent posts because there are no new posts.

As you've pointed out there is a New Posts button but it will only show unread posts. To show all recent posts you can use the drop-down Filters menu (on the right - See attached screenshot) and un-check "unread threads" then click the filter button, this will show all threads in the order they were last updated. I think this is what you want?

Recent.PNG

You can also achieve the same result by clicking the x next to the filter (it's hard to make out at the moment but see attached screenshot).

Remove.PNG

Last edited:
Thanks very much for that Feedback @Sdaji thats excellent and I will take that into account

Agreed on the default shade of green, and I've already noted it to Stu. I wasn't aware of the posts swiping away until you mentioned it and I had to go and see for myself. Definitely something we can look into.

As you've pointed out there is a New Posts button but it will only show unread posts. To show all recent posts you can use the drop-down Filters menu (on the right - See attached screenshot) and un-check "unread threads" then click the filter button, this will show all threads in the order they were last updated. I think this is what you want?

View attachment 330288

You can also achieve the same result by clicking the x next to the filter (it's hard to make out at the moment but see attached screenshot).

View attachment 330290

This does perform the function, but in a way which is too cumbersome, especially since it means I have to change the default away from the main way I want to use it (the default setting). It's not a big deal, I can just use the long way if I need it and I'm not sure how popular it would be, so there's no point fussing over it if it's not easy. If there is an easy option to add a 'show all recent posts' button next to the 'new posts' one (or on the same line) it would be good, but definitely not critical.

I'm glad the puke green is something everyone agrees on, haha! That will be an easy fix, I'm sure. Hopefully the 'list swipe away' thing isn't too difficult to change; it's definitely not good for the forum. Currently, if I click on unread posts (or any other list), even if there are many, only the top two are shown and it gives the appearance of there being no more content, which would obviously encourage people not to bother. Hopefully it's just a setting which can be changed.

Thanks for that mate, Im working on a new shoutbox, chatroom and also the swipe entry

Chatroom, who has read this thread is now active. Im just fine tuning the shoutbox.

Can I get 3 members to comment below on testing a new style away from Puke green?

Chatroom, who has read this thread is now active. Im just fine tuning the shoutbox.

Can I get 3 members to comment below on testing a new style away from Puke green?

Good job!

Latest posts

Back