Best Heating Option For Sand?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlosTheSnake

Reaction score
hey all,
towards the end of the year i think i might build an enclosure and with a desert theme for my stimmy python. I will probably use red desert sand substrate or a sand/clay/water mix for a more solid ground, and was wondering what the best heating option would be? thanks

hey all,
towards the end of the year i think i might build an enclosure and with a desert theme for my stimmy python. I will probably use red desert sand substrate or a sand/clay/water mix for a more solid ground, and was wondering what the best heating option would be? thanks
I’d use heat mats/heat tape

Hi CarlosTheSnake
I personaly would avoid sand or any fine substrate in a python enclosure. It can be acidentaly ingested with food. Good luck.

planning on including a mercury vapor lamp as well - will i need the lamp and heat mat?
Depends, do you want it for uv of for heat?
Heat mats are a great way to go for snakes
[automerge]1626690995[/automerge]
hey all,
What are the dimensions if the enclosure?

Depends, do you want it for uv of for heat?
Heat mats are a great way to go for snakes
[automerge]1626690995[/automerge]

What are the dimensions if the enclosure?
still deciding - something like 800mmL x 350mmD x 500mmH. UV will be for the snake, i know that they don't really need it but i might add some bushes/tussel grass as well.
[automerge]1626741651[/automerge]
killing 2 birds with one stone with a mercury vapor lamp though

Latest posts

Back