• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

slug gun wanted

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogwoma

Reaction score
im trying to get an air rifle,does anyone have one lying around.sydney only,thanks.0402452147.

u need ur gun lic in nsnw to own a slug gun now. get ur gun lic and then go and bug one easy as 123.

Air rifles are categorised the same as shotguns and 22s and the same laws apply for their use.
Getting a licence is a big hassle, it will most likely take you a few months atleast then you will have a 1 month cooling off period just incase you are going to go on a rampage with your airgun:lol:

you need to do a course up here in qld, not sure bout in nws

you also need a legit reason for a gun such as being a member of a shooting and target club or for vermin such as rabbits otherwise you wont get the license.

i dont want to steal the thread but i am also looking for a used air rifle.
im licenced and in melbourne.
pm if you can help out
baz
p.s. im not sure about the legalities of buying and selling firearms on an
open forum.
if it turns out to have be a legal issue please disregard my post

i dont want to steal the thread but i am also looking for a used air rifle.
im licenced and in melbourne.
pm if you can help out
baz
p.s. im not sure about the legalities of buying and selling firearms on an
open forum.
if it turns out to have be a legal issue please disregard my post

You can legally buy/sell but you must state your licence number and serial number of any firearms when advertising (as per most state laws), interstate transfers are also quite easy to arrange through your local dealer.

Now days for around $300 you can get a NEW synthetic stock .22 or .177 air-rifle with fibre optic sights and fairly good accuracy, just remember you aren't allowed to use them for vermin control in suburban areas (ie your own back yard:lol: ). My air gun was rated at 1000fps in .177 and would easily go through a steel fence so they can be dangerous in the wrong hands.

You can always chuck those tungsten pellets in them too, they are called promethius or something. They would cleanly take a cat/fox with a head shot from 1000fps class airgun if you were so inclined ;)

Go buy a nail gun.
If you weld the bar back (must be pushed back to fire, gets pushed back when its pushed against the floor surface) you can load it with .22 shorts (must be the short not long cartridge)

No licence needed :)

i got a paslode gas cartridge nail gun for framing.. held the clip back and shot a couple.. nails just spin though :( too much weight on the head lol, would like to see it shoot .22 'shorts' though?

Come on guys, make this sporting, get a bow. :)

Or better still, a ging or slingshot with an ice cube. Those little trays that make the round ice blocks work well.

;)

<Waits for thread to be locked down>

Go buy a nail gun.
If you weld the bar back (must be pushed back to fire, gets pushed back when its pushed against the floor surface) you can load it with .22 shorts (must be the short not long cartridge)

No licence needed :)

sorry to dissapoint but those were banned some time back(i think), still you would be better off just firing a nail would be extremely inaccurate and very dangerous but hey why not:lol:

They are not banned & are still available from any good hardware store that sells power tools.

Prefer to shoot a .22 calibre bullet with the aid of gun powder to projectile it 100's of metres rather than mild pressure to shoot a nail a couple of feet.

They are not banned & are still available from any good hardware store that sells power tools.

Prefer to shoot a .22 calibre bullet with the aid of gun powder to projectile it 100's of metres rather than mild pressure to shoot a nail a couple of feet.

I think im thinking of the ones that are illegal and you cant get anymore. But yeah if you want to use something like that as some sort of ineffective gun go for it:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back