how snappy are jungles?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisek

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys thinking of buying a jungle for there awesome colours would be my second snake are they really snappy or ...
And do they grow quite large ?

thanks
chris

Our yearlings are very snappy!!! Awesome colours though.

They can vary, they are usually snappy and some are fairly small 5'-6' while others get bigger 8'+

Mine are all good, I have one that is flighty, but all the res are great handlers.

ok what other highly coloured snakes are good for begginers? i had a liasis maculosis (think that right)

mine are nutcases !! :D but there only love bites specially when the hold on...there showing how much they really care :D

maccies are good. Easy to handle and dont get too big. But jungles look heaps nicer :)

Very good Aslan, thats exactly what our 2 are like. The female grabs and twists, I think she wants to be a can opener!!!!!LOL

One day I would like to get some Jungles...at the moment I can handle the idea of 'possibly' getting bitten...

It just somes weird to KNOW you're going to get bitten ;)

i think maybe not!!!

i like the look of stimsons they dont grow to big do they?

No, they are smallish...think they max out around the metre mark...

mine made me bleed for the first time the other day :D awww how cute... it like grabbed my wrist and hooked its little teeth in hahaha

i was also looking at getting a pair of jungles, but you are starting to put me off..... lol
I'm assuming that they get better with handling?????

its worth it they are one of the best looking pythons (in my opinion) that i have ever seen :)

They might, you will probably learn how to handle them so you rarely get bitten quicker than they calm down.

Yes I think that learning how to handle agressive snakes is an important part of jungle keeping. I have several psychopathic animals thatjust hate humans but I still rarely get bitten by them. Get to know them and the limitations of what you can do with them and you'll save on the bandaids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back