Darwin / Coastal. identification

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

Darwin / Coastal. identification
It is any easy way to tell difference between this two sub species? Coloring some times do look extremely similar.

ummmm i find my darwin compared to my coastal has alot more definate stripes and borders around thier markings which seem to graduate down like a bredli.... other than that i cant help ya sorry mate!!!

Darwins are very laid back and enjoys the sunsets from Mindil beach during the dry season.
Coastals say "A" a lot and are twenty years behind the rest of the subspecies.

Sorry mate couldn't help myself there. My Darwin has a lot of yellow but it is only young. I suppose she may fade as she gets older. She is banded as well.

Attachments

• Sq1.jpg
    Sq1.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 95
  • sq3.jpg
    sq3.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 70
In most cases the yellowish/green/orange coloring in variegata and the banded pattern is the easy way to see the difference. But that is not always the rule.

Don't coastals have a greenish back ground colour? Is there any areas where they overlap?

Darwins tend to have more of a variety of colours from orange, yellow, cream and black all on the one snake..whereas coastals more often then not have more drab brown and greenish colours in a random patterning

as far as i know,and been told by one of australias leading breeders is that pure darwins don't have lateral lines. over the years of being into herps i'm still yet to see one with lateral lines,so i presume its true.like to know other opinions?

as far as i know,and been told by one of australias leading breeders is that pure darwins don't have lateral lines. over the years of being into herps i'm still yet to see one with lateral lines,so i presume its true.like to know other opinions?

That is help;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back