• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Velvet Worms

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, after telling hornet that I thought they must hibernate, and all but giving up any hope of finding some at this time of year, I found a small colony of Velvet worms last thursday (sorry i havent posted back earlier, been a shocker of a last few days..)
so I have proven that they are still findable, however they were alot deeper in the log than usual, and very very lethargic until my body heat warmed them.

So, I now have enough to send to you Bryony, and will go back and dig deeper in the same log for you Hornet and see how I go.

now...how do I get them to you? when I find them, they are normally buried in rotted log to the point where you would think it impossible for them to move, so if i pack their containers with the log they come from, they will be well cushioned and safe. so will I have to send them with AAE? I have never done anything like this before so excuse my ignorance....

slow down, im not sure if u can do that. but people post spiders and scorps so i think u could

Huh...? it was you that said post them, then i say thanks, not even saying 'yes i will go shove them in the post box now'
what is the slow down for.....
next time i won't say thanks at all..

yup express post, for velvet worms use a small plastic tub, and fill with moist spagnum moss and them add the velvet worms. Put in in a post box and pack around it with newspaper then send express post. Let me know when you get more.

Let me know too please, I may be able to take Bryony's up to her in Sydney when I next head up there.

:p

Hix

darkangel, they need to be kept cool, around 20-25c winecoolers are good

it's usually about that inside my house (gotta love air con! lol) would they be ok in just a tank in the room or should i still get something to keep them cooler? also are they found in brissy anywhere?

i dont think they are in the brisbane area, i'll try and get you a pic of a setup

eating3.jpg
thats as good as i can do, babies are very small, need it cool moist with plenty of hiding spots, mould will kill them.

thats coco peat as a substrate, little pieces of wood and a type of moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back