Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythons Rule

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey everyone just wondering what people from other states can keep on there permits!
just an interesting subject I think that the NT has the most flexable permits to keep reptiles and other animals here is what can keep with and with out a permit:

(P.S. Just showing the important bits and theres not much we can't own.)

these are the reptiles that you can keep in the nt on my permit:

COMMON NT INDIGENOUS SPECIES ALLOUND
REPTILES

Black Headed Pythons
Black - spotted Ridge - tail Monitor
Brown Tree Snake
Carpet Python
Centralian Carpet Python (Bredli)
Freckled Tree Monitor
Freshwater Crocodile
Smooth Knob - tailed Gecko
Lined Earless dragon
Major Skink
Military Dragon
North western Bearded Dragon
Pygmy Rock Monitor
Olive Python
Saltwater Crocodile (esturine)
Sand Goanna
Smooth - flanked Gecko
Spiny - tailed Gecko
Stoke's Egernia
Thick tailed Gecko
Water python
Woma python
Stimson's python

PLUS ALL THE MEMMALS AND BIRDS ECT. (I won't go into that too many )

I can keep these ones as well
WILDLIFE WHICH MAY BE KEPT WITH OUT A PERMIT

I'll just tell you the reptiles.

REPTILES

Centralian blue-tonged Lizard
Central Netted Dragon
Centra Bearded Dragon
Childrens Python
Northern long- necked turtle
common blue tongued Lizard

oh god so much typing lol hope you appriciated this lol
my hand hurts now

cheers jody

because everything here is that flexable and I love it. Hope it doesn't change eather, the only things we can't keep are:

diamond pythons
bloched blue - tonged lizards
common bearded dragons
eastern water dragons
shinglebacks
lace monitors (Which I don't understand - if we cant have them then why do the petshops sell them???)
western netted dragons
westerb blue - tongued lizards

and thats not including certain birds

Jody, there are many snakes and lizards that you can keep that aren't on the list. I've had - and have several that are not on your list. I must admit the NT is in my opinion the best for keeping reptiles (and everything is free). Parks and Wildlife are very helpful and efficient...:)

all that stuff without a permit how come

Blue tongue, Just coming back to QLD from 3 years in the NT. The species that don't require a licence to keep, you still require a receipt of sale be it from a pet store or licenced breeder to prove to NT parks that it wasn't just taken from the wild. Plus the species on that list are so profilic up there it's not funny.

Where a children's to buy in the NT you could get for under $100. People down south pay up to $250, go figure. The NT is defineatley a special place when it comes to reptiles and i loved the time i spent up there. It's good to see such a healthy wild population of species. If you get the chance to experience the NT lifestyle jump at it, it's one truly remarkable experience and NT people are just the best.

axactly lol so what other reptiles can you keep up here that isn't on the list?

it would be awsome for you to share.
cheers Jody

oh thanx Yommy, I've lived up here for the last 2.5 years and love it here not looking forward to the time when we are to leave. the only thing is we want to buy a house and we just can't afford it if we stay up here which is unfortunit so if anyone else can share some light on what they can keep in other states is very welcome in this forum.

cheers Jody

because everything here is that flexable and I love it. Hope it doesn't change eather, the only things we can't keep are:

diamond pythons
bloched blue - tonged lizards
common bearded dragons
eastern water dragons
shinglebacks
lace monitors (Which I don't understand - if we cant have them then why do the petshops sell them???)
western netted dragons
westerb blue - tongued lizards

and thats not including certain birds

Pythons rule

You can have diamonds in the NT though they need to be kept on a 'prohibited entrants permit' as they don't naturally occur there. The only draw back are that they need to be kept in aircon allyear round as the are a cool climate python and mine were hard to cool down to try and breed, so if you don't have a/c don't bother with them up there.

Bloody Hell Wood_nymph lol the NSW is very spesific arn't they, with NT they just class any python that has carpet at the end of it as a coastal carpet nothing more they just like the easy way around everything lol

but still not bad I think, at least here we don't have to pay for our licences or permits.
cheers for your tribute into this thread

cheers jody

Pythons rule

You can have diamonds in the NT though they need to be kept on a 'prohibited entrants permit' as they don't naturally occur there. The only draw back are that they need to be kept in aircon allyear round as the are a cool climate python and mine were hard to cool down to try and breed, so if you don't have a/c don't bother with them up there.

lol cheers for that I was a lil confused over the prohibited animals and reptile on the permit reson being the pet shops sell lacy monitors ect.

cheers Jody

I believe the only types you can't bring into the NT are some venomous that require tiger snake antivenom such as tigers obviously and paleheaded etc as they don't have a reason to stock that antivenom as there is no naturally occurring vens there that need that type. Though the NT is difineatley gods country, miss it heaps.

if i got the chance with work i'd jump at it. Though being defence i've got 6 years back in qld. Loved Tindal/Katherine. I'd live in Darwin but absolutely fell in love with Alice springs. Though they have more lizards then snakes down south. Can't beat t uluru & the woma's, plus those thorny devil are truly amazing in the flesh and if you want to see what i believe would be the BIGGEST king brown snake in captivity that thing at the desert park is something else. It's makes standard kingies look like worms and the FINKE desert race. everyone needs to go to that at least once in your life time :) Good times all round.
Never just know your luck in a big city :)

"if i got the chance with work i'd jump at it"

HA...your misses would KILL YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back