New Mangrove Monitors!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash,

You haven't finally completed that display enclosure in your lounge room, have you?!

LOL, yes I have and he loves it. He will be moved when I build my second reptile room though.

When do you want this bloody great incubator ? :)

Ash,

You haven't finally completed that display enclosure in your lounge room, have you?!

Mate they are so good i am putting one on my christmas list now. How big of an area do you need for them when they are adults?

as much as u can give them,lol,how much can u offer them,they need water as well,boa stop showing that big fella,im trying to cure my monitor addiction here,sheesh,well i give up,its uncurable,as i dont want to be cured,awsome animals guys,glad to see there numbers slowly growing in captivity,and if they r like mertons definatly must be nice to keep,i assumed they were shyer than mertons,either way there awsome,thanks for sharing the pics guys

Absolutely beautiful animals, well done, they get a bit bigger than this, he's about 2/3rds grown I suppose.
Mangrove_male-1.jpg

god damn thats a nice one, last night i put them in the 4foot turtle tank, awesome to watch them float around with eyes/ nose just out like a croc. love watching them swim.
look forward to them getting some more size

Hi Boa
Mangroves only get as big as the male your holding.
You got to love them they are awsome to watch, but mine were fairly timid.
They never bite & are easy to keep.
Congrates RichardSC on yours.

All the best,
Jason

Because of the cold weather he isn't as active as he would be so I don't have too many more photo's but will get some more.

Post more Photos Boa! :shock:

Jason, thanks for that it is good to know he is full grown as he is easily manageable at that size. He's pretty mellow really and although he doesn't really look forward to being touched or handled he doesn't stress about it.

I think the answer to the cage size question is give it as big a cage as you can with a minimum of say 2 metres by 1.5 by 2 metres high.
Mine is very dark brown and green in colour.

I think the answer to the cage size question is give it as big a cage as you can with a minimum of say 2 metres by 1.5 by 2 metres high.
Mine is very dark brown and green in colour.

Its a top looking animal.

There is some advertised on herptrader from a blue animal.

Anyone have photos of Blue adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back