• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Beginners Snake in WA?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And just how much does it cost to do your python keeping course?????

Raiiyne - Sorry you couldn't come. we will have to do something again soon!! :D
Ring around those on your breeders list which should come ith your licence as many stores are more expensive due to the overheads they need to meet. If you are planning to wait a little while there will be many hatchie stimmies available. I know several people with multipule pairs hoping to breed this season.
Good luck

I learnt so much of ken and karen and they are always willing and there for anyone with advice on how to keep your reptiles.I would like to thank them for all the help they have give me an
sharing the knowledge they have on the subject
With the knowledge every-one has, why cant we all work together and share it, I thought to share knowledge, we can save our reptiles for now and the future,as humans and progress are destroying their habitat,by the time our children and grandchildren grow up, there will be little left for them to enjoy.:(

I agree that advice is for free, but if it is the incorrect advice it can be very costly indeed!

Check out my website for any information you would like on my courses [email protected]

Next month is already booked out! and so is my Dragon keeping course too!!

Anyone who is considering purchasing a reptile should do as much research as possible to ensure that they provide the best care for their new pet, Reptiles are special and deserve to be treated with respect as do those of us that take the time to make sure the new keeper is well informed.

I am sure you will make up your own mind Raiiyne and good luck. BTW i also have some hatchling stimsons for sale.

PS Well done peacefulisis, you have put it in a nutshell, pity some people are more interested in minding other peoples business than the job at hand, - working together for the common cause of saving our countries unique reptiles and educating the public about them!

In my opinion, I can't fault WestAussie for reptiles.
I have seen his collection, and all of his animals are in top condition. I am often overwhelmed by the time and love this guy puts into his animals.
Often Gary doesn't make it to social events cos he's so damn busy taking care of his charges.
I have purchased a couple of reptiles from WestAussie and even before this when I barely knew Gary and just had my stimson ( purchased from Pet Magic), this guy was so patient with me in answering questions and generally helping me out.
When I have been worried about one of my pets - I know I have probably been quite annoying,yet Gary has calmed me down and offered advice where he could, and recommended other sources where he couldn't.
Gary is a top bloke, which is an opinion shared by all I have met who have met and dealt with him.
Recently when I had a problem getting my little guy to eat because of the temperature change, Gary has been in constant contact with me, helping me eliminate causes and resolve the problem, ending with one happy and well fed snake.
I am not going to speak ill of anyone else in the industry so don't for a second think that this is a stab at anyone else - it is not.
It is merely a reflection of the experience I have had with WestAussie (Gary). I hope this sheds some light on the great guy he is and what an absolute asset he is to the hobby.
I would definitely recommend Gary to purchase your first reptile from.

Thanks Tsidasa,
Kind words.
I think I said it all on Pilbara Pythons forum.
I am now getting back to enjoying it again.

Cheers

Ring some bells ?

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Ring some bells ?

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

What exactly are you implying?

Its the agreement on PPs forum that is filled out when you join .

for what its worth go with stimsons and buy were ever you feel happy i did

Is the reptile park in Perth where he actually sells his animals from?

West Australian Reptile Park in Henley Brook.
If you contact Gary he will arrange a time to meet you there.
Yes he meets with customers at the park, no you do not have to pay an entry fee to see Gary although the park is definitely worth a look =)

reptile traders in rockingham see ken they are great

reptile traders have cap breed stimmys and carpet pythons and help with second hand enclousers

I've been knocking around the WA herp scene for over 30 years - Gary is a good person to deal with, and knows what he's talking about - you won't go wrong with him. Similarly, herp "courses" are a waste of money in most circumstances - your dealer should be able to give you ALL the info you need - that's what he's there for after all.

I would avoid "south of the river" dealers like the plague - they will heap you up with a large amount of expensive crap that you don't need, including useless herp keeping courses from which they get a cut. Keeping Stimson's pythons and carpet pythons is not rocket science - any responsible dealer who sells you one should be accessible to you to assist as needed.

Jamie.

Pythoninfinite - thanks for the reply and advice. I will keep it in mind.

However, I do have to say that Ken at Reptile Trader seems like a pretty decent bloke from what I've had to do with him. When he didn't have the exact products I was after he gave me the closest thing possible, even though it was more expensive, at the same price (and he did that 3 times). He never tried to talk me into buying anything other than what I was after.
I agree some of his stuff is expensive compared to elsewhere over east, but I've heard its hard for WA dealers to compete in that way.
And as for the python keeping courses... I've been in contact with the lady who runs the ones in Rockingham and she's offered me all the free advice I want, even as far as offering to meet up to show me her reptiles and going to Reptile Trader so I can decide which species I like best. Neither of these two people have tried to rip me off as far as I'm concerned.

Keeping stimsons and carpet pythons probably seems really simple to experienced people like you, but it's still all new to me (even if its not rocket science, like you said)... I just want to be fully prepared so I can look after my snake right. So anyone who goes out of their way to help me out is really cool in my books.

so what r u saying JAMIE you have 30years knocking around with reptiles for you to say that south of the river dealers have crap and are to expensive ( WHAT THE ) DO YOU HAVE A SHOP OR DEALERS LICENCE i guess not and i have done a herp course and found it very helpfull. so one thing i like to say is ACT YOUR AGE MATE and stop bagging south of the river dealers

so what r u saying JAMIE you have 30years knocking around with reptiles for you to say that south of the river dealers have crap and are to expensive ( WHAT THE ) DO YOU HAVE A SHOP OR DEALERS LICENCE i guess not and i have done a herp course and found it very helpfull. so one thing i like to say is ACT YOUR AGE MATE and stop bagging south of the river dealers

Wow I thought Pythoninfinite was just offering his opinion, i don't think there's any call for attacks like this. :( Makes people afraid to speak their mind really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back