• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Beginners Snake in WA?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so PYTHONINFINITE was just offering his opinions hay,stating that ALL south of the river dealers are crap and to avoid their services and that you ( TSIDASA ) are saying that I attacked him. i myself was offering an opinion not attacking! people who slander dealers from the south side of the river should be aware of people stating their minds and should not offer that kind of opinion and think they will not have a reaction to that kind of "freedom of speech".i was just stating that dealers do not need this kind of "opinions' and should just worry about whats in their own back yard ????

ummm what post did you read mags.........the one of Jamie's that I read didn't say anything about Sth of river dealers being crap! As for python courses - once again he was offering an opinion that a good dealer will give you all the info needed and he would know as was one of the first WA dealers.

ummm what post did you read mags.........the one of Jamie's that I read didn't say anything about Sth of river dealers being crap! As for python courses - once again he was offering an opinion that a good dealer will give you all the info needed and he would know as was one of the first WA dealers.

Agreed all i got out of the south of the river comment, was to beware people trying to sell you overpriced stuff you dont need. It wasn't an inference as to all dealers doing it as far as i was concerned.
So yes i did feel like what you said was an attack rather than an opinion mags.
I find what you say to be very aggressive.

Here we go again whats wrong with some WA herps that seem hell bent on hanging **** on any reptile dealer ,breeder or what ever south of the river,yes reptile dealers should offer free advise and they do when ever asked BUT some people feel that they would like to learn a good grounding of there reptile in one hit up front not waiting till they have a question or problem and then getting advise after all I dont think its any diffrent than buying and reading books .
No wonder some of us are starting to get sick of it I am sure there are more than 1 or 2 good Reptile dealers in all of WA after all there are a lot more dealers in other states and you dont see them carrying on like this do you ? So why do we ?

Thanks for the plug Glacey... although I haven't been in WA now for 2 years, I do still have an idea of what goes on over there. All I would suggest is that you watch where you spend your money... There are dealers who will offer a "financial" solution to any and every problem you may encounter. And my comment re prominent south of the river dealers (not all of them, be clear about that... and I mentioned no names) stands. A good dealer should be willing and able to give you ABSOLUTELY ALL of the info you need to keep you and your animal happy. Just beware of dealers working in tandem with "educators" to assist in the emptying of your pockets.

Hey - that's just my advice - it's entirely up to you whether you act on it or not... after all it's not my money. But I would sooner have a reliable dealer and a shelf full of good books that I can refer to again and again when I need to, than spend the money on an ephemeral thing like a reptile course.

I worked alongside 2 other individuals, with CALM, for 8 years to get the system up and running for you in WA. It doesn't actually resemble what we were after, but you can thank CALM (DEC) for that, as well as the huge licensing cost burden WA keepers face. I was professionally involved with reptiles for nearly 40 years over there, and a dealer from 2003-2005, when I decided it was a much better deal for keepers here in NSW. I do know what I'm talking about Mr Mags...

And at the time the regs were proclaimed in WA in 2003, there was big influx of "10 minute experts" who somehow managed to get dealer's licences (all you had to do was identify 42 species from photos and cough up the money)... all on the lookout for a quick buck. Believe me, reptile dealing is not a fun place to be...

Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

Jamie.

in the time I have been in herps in WA I have spoken first hand to at least 4 people whom were also part of the 2003 regs all should I say it part of the original #AKE #USTER in WA ( dont want to upset anyone) and they all know some main dealers south of the river and speak quite highly of them.
So i think its just horses (or reps) for cousese like most other things and thats how it should be left rather than constant serves to some south river dealers.

I'm looking for my first snake - have been recommended to get a Stimson Python, but interested in anything suitable for a beginner that anyone in WA has for sale? Preferably young though.

*Edit* Ok, for some reason it says my state is ACT... it isn't ;)

It seems we are getting off topic again....:evil:

Yea your right
So Raiiyne have you got your snake yet,if you have let us know
Cheers

have you got one comming or just saving up,what size are you after or getting ?

And i love all 40 of my stimmies!!!! :) Especially my hatchies, they are sooooooooo cute...

I will post some pics of Ren and Stimpy, Ren is 6 months old and Stimpy is 15months old, they are the most gentle litte creatures and win young and old over whenever i take them out on a display or birthday party. They are little piggies too!

The one in front is Ren, Stimpy is at the back
Fremantlewoolstores056.jpg

Stimpy is in front this time
Fremantlewoolstores059.jpg

Stimpy having a knaw on my finger (it didnt hurt, mistook my finger for food, i was laughing so hard i almost couldnt take the picture)

210307031.jpg

Ren having his dinner
carpetshatching260307b062a.jpg

Hope you like the pics and that you find a lovely stimmie, mind you they are all lovely!!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we are all biased when we talk about our own animals....But they arent my best looking ones anyway...will save them for later :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back