common tree snake... feeding?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gurushane

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am interested in getting a common tree snake but have heard that in captivity they are buggers to feed and some will only accept frogs and skinks...
Is this true? or after some effort will they except mice?
Thanks all,
Shane

Hi Shane;
If your looking at purchasing a Tree snake;
IMO; make sure it's already feeding on mice....
Some breeders get them onto fish; which is fine....but they can be hassle
to convert to mice later.

You better be patient when feeding , best way i found feeding the hatchlings is to get a clean black garbage bin so the snake can't get distracted and offer food on tweezers, then very slowly move away. skink tail on pinky mouse can get some results , fingers crossed for ya mate.
mine is on a heat mat set up which seems to be doing the trick:D
cheers cringles

ive been looking for one aswell.. doesnt seem to be alot out there in the captivity world for sale... u r soo lucky cringles!

As Indicus said just get one thats already on mice, preferably dead mice then they are fairly easy to feed. Mine will eat virtually anything you offer them and have never required live food since i got them.

I feed mine a mix of rats, mice, strips of various meats, small whole fish and asian house geckos.

lucky , are the time's when they take the food, when she was a hatchling you only had to blink and she'd spit the pinky out!!:evil:
but yes if you're up for the challenge they are a great little snake.
cheers cringles

My six foot female feeds on fish.

I have no problems feeding them fish. It has a fish tank in its enclosure. My keelback gets fish as well, so its easy.

I just had a wild one cut through my yard, amazing vibrant black and yellow would put most jungle pythons to shame. by the time I got my camera phone out of my pocket all I could see was the tail end disappearing up a tree, super fast, beautiful animal, Now I am seriously thinking about getting one!

haha,

GTS is to shy, i can't even get near the tank when it's feeding.

The Keelback was the shiest of the three I got, and the other two died. So its been hard to get filming of that to.

Oh and also how much would i be expecting to pay for one?

Cheers, Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back