Reptiles Australia Magazine

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michael-1924

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the ad on Petlink for Reptiles Australia Magazine, they want to sell every issue from Vol 1 Issue 1 which is out of print and no-longer available to Vol 4 issue 1, for $275-00, is that cheap for 19 issues, including Volume 1 Issue 1 that l know people a after a copy off.

if each new issue is sold at the newsagents for c.$10 then no, it is a rip off, although you would get issue 1of volume 1

yea well issue 1 vol 1 could sell for probably 100$ by itself

l have heard some one paid close to $100-00 for a copy of Vol 1 Issue 1, because its no-longer in print or available, and some have missed on a copy.
There is 19 issue listed in the ad and the total amount for the whole lot is $192-05, with the hard to get copy such as Vol 1 Issue 1, l think the price in the ad is cheap.
Thats my opinion.

l have heard some one paid close to $100-00 for a copy of Vol 1 Issue 1, because its no-longer in print or available, and some have missed on a copy.
There is 19 issue listed in the ad and the total amount for the whole lot is $192-05, with the hard to get copy such as Vol 1 Issue 1, l think the price in the ad is cheap.
Thats my opinion.

Must be another ad - the one I saw is also for $275 which is expensive.

You wouldn't happen to be selling it would you Michael??:)

Its the same ad on petlink for $275-00 for the 19 Issues of Retiles Australia Magazine, what l meant is the total amount for what there worth without adding any extra on to them is $192-05, because Vol 1 Issue 1 is no-longer available the price is $275-00 instead, thats what l can see has been added to make a profit on them.

Ah, I'm with you, I think the numbers confused me. I think they'd be better off selling it as:

19 issues
1x Volume 1, Issue 1 - $100
18 all other issues $175 the lot

Having said that, its still a bit expensive - $100 seems to be very top dollar for Vol 1, Issue 1, and they are also selling all 18 others for pretty close to cost price (which you can still get on back issue for the same price).

$225 might be an ok deal if you really wanted the first issue. $99 for the first, $7 each for the rest (if they are in near new condition with posters etc.).

He may well get what he's asking though - it never hurts to start off high and come down.

It would be interesting to see if the magazine stops production for whatever reason (not that it will), a few years afterwards what the full set would be worth.....

I had 2 copys of Volume 1 issue 1, both of these copys went missing:x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back