Guess What I Might Be Getting?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PhilK - wait until this season is hatched and fed. You'll see lower prices then and more availability.

thats each jus stick 2 the hypo bredli they r so nice i got a female and prolly after a male soon. prolly this season

Oh I was under the impression it was more like 5K per hatchy... so ~ 10K all up...

Anyone wanna PM me if they have eggs/are selling this season?

Purchase the more complete chondro. It costs like 78$ but is worth it. It has everything needed for GTP's
Hope this helps
Cheers

I don't think EPA will buy the 'they accidentally bred' thing. If you buy some hatchies you'll have a few years before worrying about upgrading, but the moment you think of breeding them call up EPA and get them to send you the documentation. If they know you have experience raising the two you'll already have they might make it easier for you to get it? Dunno but make sure you do get it.

Before I worry about breeding I want to worry about costs and raising. I will read my books etc at home, but until I get home any advice here is appreciated. Especially to those original questions of mine.

Also keep in mind that its not regarded as safe to sex them before they are around 12 months old, so it is unlikely you will get a sexed pair if you are buying hatcho's.

Thanks swampie... I'll keep that in mind. Even if I get 2 of one sex, selling one should be easy enough.

Anybody else, please? Approx. costs for this season?

Each? That's more along the lines of what I was hoping.

Anybody know (provided I get a a male/female pair of hatchlings) how long it will be before the first pairing/laying?

wow Phil! thats soo cool! makes me want to come to your house..more ;)
lol jk hehe

you can order rep aus mags in, go on the rep aus site and there should be an order page or something? i dunno i just get myne from the newsagents every two months or so. anyways keep us updated kk

Nat ;)

Nat, you're welcome aaaannyyy time!

Someone on this site was nice enough to PM me and offer me a copy of that issue. Also joined a chondro forum to see what I can learn.

IF ANYONE IS SELLING THIS SEASON PLEASE PM ME - I'M SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!

My understanding is that you can breed restricted reptiles on a rec license in QLD, so long as you don't hold back the progeny (that is, you continue to only keep two of them).

Bloody hope I'm right, anyway, otherwise I've got a pair of womas I can do nothing with lol.

Bloody wrong unfortunately for you. If you even have an "intent to breed", you must hold a restricted licence amendment i.e if you house a male and female of breeding age together.

i'm jealous mate all the best with it, it will be a few years project

I understand it will be a few years in the works but think it'll be totally worth it. I'll just focus on getting the two little babies first, and when they get older I'll focus on getting the required licenses and stuff.

In order for that to happen though, I need a place to buy two hatchies for around 5K a piece... So if anybody is selling or even knows where I can get them from, I'd love to hear from you.

Even just websites/names of sellers would be great.

why get a gtp when you can get a rough scaled? imo they are nicer, they have blue eyes! lol
but goodluck with it, check all the herp places and more, you will stumble accross a breeder sooner or later.
: )

From what i have herd, no one sells sexed hatchie GTP's thats how they get kinks later on in life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back