Diamond x Coastal ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am looking to purchase a diamond x coastal python but do not know enough about them, to pluck up the courage to go and buy one. They are an absolutely beautiful snake with the females getting the coastal traits and the males assuming the diamond pattern with really bright yellow markings on both. So can anyone tell me about them as in, do they have genetic problems later on, are they easily bred with a coastal or diamond etc. Just want to make sure before going to buy one. Anyone with any pics would be great.:)

Where did you get the idea the males and females were coloured differently ? Someone is either pulling your leg or was making it up as they went along. It is impossible to tell the sex of pythons by their coloring or patterns.
Secondly are you talking about what is commonly called Port Mac Carpets ? These are a naturally occuring intergrade or do you specifically want a hybridised Coastal/Diamond python ?

.They are an absolutely beautiful snake with the females getting the coastal traits and the males assuming the diamond pattern with really bright yellow markings on both.

Traits dont get assigned by sex, they all just turn out just as ugly as each other. :)

re Diamond

Hi guys, I am looking to purchase a diamond x coastal python but do not know enough about them, to pluck up the courage to go and buy one. They are an absolutely beautiful snake with the females getting the coastal traits and the males assuming the diamond pattern with really bright yellow markings on both. So can anyone tell me about them as in, do they have genetic problems later on, are they easily bred with a coastal or diamond etc. Just want to make sure before going to buy one. Anyone with any pics would be great.:)

If you want some crosses Ducky,wait patiently and then try to purchase some diamond pythons,appart from a minority of reputable people you will get offered things with stripes and such,there the ones your looking for,then write it in the books as a hybrid and bobs your uncle.You may find one advertised as a hybrid when your searching but they are usually the ones that are so dull and carpet like that they cant possibly sell as a diamond,have a good day ;)

sorry if this is a little off topic, but i am soon to receive a diamond cross bredli. Does anyone from Victoria know what i put it on the books as? a mate told me you cant list them as a cross in victoria????

Thanx Zulu, will take all on board, and possibly might have a new addition to the family within the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back