Mantis vs Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ness

Reaction score
[video=youtube;NhtHDK2K73A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhtHDK2K73A&feature=related[/video]

whoa :shock:

Is that real? I've seen a praying mantis eat a humming bird, but not a snake
Mantis0805.jpg

... wow. I didn't think a Praying Mantis had the strength to take down anything that's not another insect. Amazing creatures.

Thats a really nice looking snake imo, I thought the corn snake would of at least bitten it though.

Thats a really nice looking snake imo, I thought the corn snake would of at least bitten it though.

it did bite the mantis, more then once.

its a cool vid, manitds have alot of strength!
thanks for sharing :)

Nat ;)

Cool Vid what documentry is from? would love to watch it actually the commentry sounds familiar

very interesting! poor snake had no idea what happened lol

awh poor snake:(
It was biting back bitey, he did about 3 times, after that he had no chance

Is that real? I've seen a praying mantis eat a humming bird, but not a snake

Any more info about this pic? Did the mantis catch it? as the bird looks too fat n fluffy to be able to be caught, unless the bird was sick, or dead......but I think Mantis's dont eat dead food, do they?

Last edited:
who ever made that vid should be shot, no reason to put an animal through that sort of pain just for enjoyment.

who ever made that vid should be shot, no reason to put an animal through that sort of pain just for enjoyment.

One could argue "its Nature" and in that case wouldnt be cruel, although the video does seem to be quite coincidental, I doubt they just happen to capture this shot, ie: lucky the snake came along when they were filming the mantis........so your comment in this scenario is valid it seems.
Unless it really is just a lucky filming thing....but I doubt it was "just Nature"

We could video the guy being shot, and you could enjoy that video with beer and pizza.

i didnt watch it because of hornetts post, but i agree with sdaji...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back